ClubAdventist is back!

You don't say...

Gail

• Administrators

We got a book in the store and I flipped through it briefly. It is a biography for kids on the life of Helen Keller.

Reading about her death in 1968, I read,"Then on June 1, 1968, Helen Keller slipped away into the dark silence."

Uh- being both blind and deaf, wasn't she always in the dark silence?

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Moderators

Very good point, Gail!!

(Is the author of that book a Christian? a Seventh-day Adventist Christian?

-- In other words, it sounds as though the author was trying to straddle two belief systems as to the state of the dead.)

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

• Administrators

I don't think that the author was an Adventist, and I don't even know if she is a Christian believer. Sorry, Jeannie.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Irony????

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.

That word crossed my mind, but I don't think it's quite right. Something about having a double meaning would fit better. Maybe a lit major can help us out.

Double Entendre??? Pun???

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.

• Moderators

I think the author wrote it that way so that it would make those who noticed the irony stop and think. Helen Keller may have lived her life in what looks to us like a dark silence, but look what she did with it. Many who have full sight and hearing live in a world that is more dark and silent than hers. Darkness and silence can come into one's world through life situations, through choice, loneliness, or depression. The author was saying that her life, as a gift to the world, had been none of these.

LD