ClubAdventist is back!

Scientology victim

Jeannieb43

• Moderators

Please join me in praying for my friend and her son. My friend is a newly baptized member of our church (about 3 years or so) whose husband left her 10 years ago because he joined the Scientologists. Now her 19-year-old son, who has lived with her and been a good son all these years, has gotten involved with Scientology through his father's influence. He's moved out and into their commune. The Scientologists came to my friend's house with him to take away all his personal things just this week. She's devastated.

Please join me in praying that her son will come to his senses. Scientology is a cult, pure and simple. Brainwashing is what they do.

But God is more powerful.

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

I will pray for your friend's son, Jeannie. I have a friend that briefly became involved in Scientology around thirty years ago before she became an Adventist. They're very aggressive with their proselytization techniques and I'm sure it's not an easy situation. You're very right though; God is more powerful :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Thank you, Alb and pkrause. This is much more serious than it might appear. This poor mother is beside herself -- unable to function in her job. I need your prayers too to know how to be of help to her.

• Moderators

The mother is doing as well as can be expected. She has a very responsible career and is trying to stay focused on her work. This weekend she's supposed to meet her son for dinner. I cautioned her to demand that they eat alone together and that this would be somewhere away from his dormitory on the Scientology compound. No matter where they meet, he'll be spouting off the party line, trying to get her to join the cult also [this has been the tenor of his phone calls to her in the past 2 weeks]. I hope he won't be "wearing a wire" so the cult people monitor everything that's said. She's prepared for that type of conversation from him, however.

Oh, the poor kid. He's really being brainwashed.

• Moderators

PRAISE THE LORD!!

The boy is coming home!!

My friend told me in church today that her son called her Thursday night and said he'll be bringing his things back home, and he's leaving Scientology!!

He had to take part in some "game-playing" which taught interdependence on others, and he came to his senses during that exercise, he said. During that exercise they had to rely on others' thinking for them, and give up their own mental control. He saw something in this which helped him decide. He'll tell his mom more about this when he gets back. But this is a DEFINITE answer to everyone's prayers!

Thank you thank you everybody.

• Administrators

Wow!!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Thank you, everyone. I'll post here again as soon as I learn any further developments. As far as I know now, he is coming back to live at home. Let's keep praying.

• Moderators

More good news...

I talked to my friend last night and her son has moved back home, is registering for classes at the community college, and is looking for a job. Praise the Lord!

I truly believe it was the hand of God in his life, supported by the prayers here on the forum, and prayers in our church, which brought this boy back out of the jaws of Scientology.

Thank you, thank you, everyone.

I realize the devil will still be working to try to snare this young man. But we can still continue to pray that he'll be made stronger through the experience.

• 1 month later...

Thank God. I'm so happy for you! I'm an actor who goes to LA from time to time, and let me tell you, that is some whacked out group. Very dark. The more you study mind control, the more you'll be able to recognize it when you see it. Watch some youtube videos from Cathy Obrien. I really think we should study some of this stuff with our families so that we can be vigilant watchers.

I am so glad your son's coming back. God bless.