ClubAdventist is back!

Cutting Off Obama's .... Parts

Do straight men talk like this about other men? The answer is NO! Do woman in rage or jokingly comment like this with other girls? Maybe!!! So why does Jessie Jackson talk like this? HE wants to be the black president! Waaaaaaaa!

All progress in the Spiritual Life is knowing and Loving GOD

"there is non upon earth that I desire besides YOU" PS 73:25

That perspective changes EVERYTHING-suffering and adversity are the means that makes us hungry for GOD. Disapointments will wean us away wordly occupations. Even sin(when repented of) becomes a mechanism to push us closer to HIM as we experience His Love and Forgiveness.

Those in Kenya , Rwanda and Uganda know a little about this.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Obama is trying to run as a multi-ethnic American.

I've never heard of this. When have you heard him refer to his White heritage. I've never heard him call himself White. All he refers to is his Black heritage.

Have you EVER heard someone call Obama 'white'? Somehow his black heritage trumps his white half.

I believe in Hematology.

Somehow his black heritage trumps his white half.

I agree with you on this, but I have heard him talk about the white side of his family. And he uses it at times to illustrate his desire and perspective to be a unifier.

In his speech on 'race', Obama claimed that either through blood or marriage he is related to every major race in America. He is very much claiming to be a uniter of the races that can see the issues from the perspectives of all races.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

I guess people have not received that message. All I hear is that he is 'black'.

I believe in Hematology.

I listen to two highly respected news sources ... Rush and Fox.

I believe in Hematology.

Maybe you need to have a more balanced repertoire of news sources. thinking

I believe that Red needs to ensure that his news sources are a little less vulpine.

Graeme

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

...Bill Clinton was a... well,,, hey,,, give me a minute,,, an Oxford road scholar

Shane, I am not sure of what you are saying here (I am an ignorant Aussie after all)

Is this a typo for "Rhodes Scholar"? (which if true is something I did not know about Bill and I am suitably impressed) Or does it have some other meaning (which I would be obliged if you could tell me...)

Graeme

Graeme

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I listen to two highly respected news sources ... Rush and Fox.

I suppose all news sources are highly respected by someone....

Quote:
Is this a typo for "Rhodes Scholar"? (which if true is something I did not know about Bill and I am suitably impressed)

Sorry, that was a typo. Don't be too impressed. A little yes, but not too much. Bill Clinton was drafted to go to Vietnam but got a deferment because he agreed to join ROTC which is a officers training program in civilian universities. Bill Clinton got an ROTC training officer to write a letter to the draft board getting his deferment. Then, before joining ROTC, as he had promised, he left the country to be an Oxford Rhodes Scholar. Upon his return he was above the draft age. So Clinton's Rhodes scholarship was his means to dodge the draft.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

. . . but I have heard him talk about the white side of his family. And he uses it at times to illustrate his desire and perspective to be a unifier.

He doesn't need to say anything about his "whiteness" his cultural positioning has him clearly working from within a "white" paradigm of thought. He is a result of his education which was a "white" education rather than a typically black upbringing. After all it was his white mother who had the most formative period of his education at her fingertips.

Make sure you have finished speaking before your audience has finished listening. -- Dorothy Sarnoff

Originally Posted By: carolaa
. . . but I have heard him talk about the white side of his family. And he uses it at times to illustrate his desire and perspective to be a unifier.

He doesn't need to say anything about his "whiteness" his cultural positioning has him clearly working from within a "white" paradigm of thought. He is a result of his education which was a "white" education rather than a typically black upbringing. After all it was his white mother who had the most formative period of his education at her fingertips.

I just threw up in my mouth.

I prayed for twenty years but received no answer until I prayed with my legs.

Frederick Douglass

Wow ... what relief. How long will it take before that clears up and we hear from you again.

I believe in Hematology.