ClubAdventist is back!

Phil Gramm

• Moderators

Anyone have any comments about this man, who is one of John McCain's top advisors? (Apparently, his wife Wendy sat on the Enron board.)

http://www.motherjones.com/news/feature/2008/07/foreclosure-phil.html

Well, it is certainly obvious that the writer and Mother Jones have strong disagreements with Phil Gramm's policies and viewpoints. There is not much more there than that.

It is mere opinion that Phil Gramm is "A guy who helped screw up the global financial system."

Today the news showed that McCain doesn't necessarily think of Gramm as someone he will consider for a job in his administration, "except as an ambassador" to a small, far away, insignificant country.

The article is apparently trying to cause some trouble for McCain by making it appear that Gramm is like some kind of criminal when the truth is that the writer simply disagrees with policies.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

I voted for Gramm when he ran for President. I think he would do a great job as President or Treasury or whatever he put his mind to.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Me too. I have no problem with him at all. Anyone can disagree with his policies and views but I don't know of anyone who doubts that he understands economics. Some people are just upset that he said the US economy is better off than some think it is. Oh well.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Gramm hit the nail on the head with "mental recession."

Yes. They say that half the cost of gas now days is 'mental' or 'worry'.

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Yes, that's what it is, at least much of it. The psychological aspect of it is very important. For instance, if people become unsure of the future and start putting money in savings instead of spending it, it can have a terrible effect. SO GO OUT AND SPEND THAT GREEN STUFF. You can do it with a clear conscience now 'cause it's good for the economy.

• Moderators

Gramm hit the nail on the head with "mental recession."

It appears to me right about now that there are a few people who have a lot to gain by making the American people believe that the country's economy is on the verge of croaking. Any guesses who that could be? Hint: same ones who not long ago were practically dying to convince the American people that we couldn't possibly win in Iraq and that we should withdrawal in all haste.

It appears to me right about now that there are a few people who have a lot to gain by making the American people believe that the country's economy is on the verge of croaking. Any guesses who that could be? Hint: same ones who not long ago were practically dying to convince the American people that we couldn't possibly win in Iraq and that we should withdrawal in all haste.

I don't...please explain...

Let's see...economy is slowed...who benefits...let's see...Oil is benefiting as thier prices are up as well as thier profits...Recycling is on the rise...second-hand stores are selling more these days as the old people die off and the relatives don't want the old furniture...Oh, oh,...NEW energy is being generated by wind power and water power and wave power, so the speculators in that areana are profiting....but I am not sure that there is only a FEW who are profiting....care to share what you mean?

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

• Moderators

Anyone have any comments about this man, who is one of John McCain's top advisors? (Apparently, his wife Wendy sat on the Enron board.)

http://www.motherjones.com/news/feature/2008/07/foreclosure-phil.html

I have nothing but disdain for most politicians. I have totally lost confidence in them to do the right thing. McCain or Obama? Arsenic or strychnine? Take your pick!

Gerry

Gerry Gerry. You need to watch a little more TV to brighten your outlook.

I believe in Hematology.

[Advertising mode-on]

Ladies and gentlemen,

let me assure you that the Sony or the SamSung 2000 will not only cure your apathy while watching TV, but, by following all advise recommended by the advertisor, you will beautify, endemify, correctify, modify, magnify all your imperfections, warts, internal hemmorroids, cross-eyed vision, cholestorol, hayfever, allergys, and impotance. By following the advise of those who are trying to make your life better, you can improve your spiritual life, your economical life, your physical life, and educational life by aquireing the products shown on the screen.

Be thankful that you have a TV....

[advertizing mode-off]

I am thankful that I don't....but kinda wish I did.

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

If Phil Gramm has influence in a McCain Administration we may have a balanced budget again. How old is Phil Gramm?

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Moderators

I watch enough TV, that's why I have this outlook!!!

Gerry

• Moderators

If Phil Gramm has influence in a McCain Administration we may have a balanced budget again. How old is Phil Gramm?

William Philip "Phil" Gramm (born July 8, 1942, in Fort Benning, Georgia, USA) is an American politician who served as a Democratic Congressman (1978–1983), a Republican Congressman (1983–1985) and a Republican Senator from Texas (1985–2002).

Originally Posted By: Redwood

I watch enough TV, that's why I have this outlook!!!

Gerry

Sounds like someone that needs the Glorystar satellite system. TV will never be the same (a curse) again.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity