ClubAdventist is back!

Tony Snow Dies from Cancer

Dr. Shane

Former Bush Press Secretary Dies

Tony Snow, a conservative writer and commentator who cheerfully sparred with reporters in the White House briefing room during a stint as President Bush's press secretary, died Saturday of colon cancer. He was 53.

"America has lost a devoted public servant and a man of character," President Bush said in a statement from Camp David, where he was spending the weekend. "It was a joy to watch Tony at the podium each day. He brought wit, grace, and a great love of country to his work."

...Snow was working for Fox News Channel and Fox News Radio when he replaced Scott McClellan as press secretary in May 2006 during a White House shake-up. Unlike McClellan, who came to define caution and bland delivery from the White House podium, Snow was never shy about playing to the cameras...

As press secretary, Snow brought partisan zeal and the skills of a seasoned performer to the task of explaining and defending the president's policies. During daily briefings, he challenged reporters, scolded them and questioned their motives as if he were starring in a TV show broadcast live from the West Wing...

Snow resigned as Bush's chief spokesman last September, citing not his health but a need to earn more than the $168,000 a year he was paid in the government post. In April, he joined CNN as a commentator...

Snow left journalism in 1991 to join the administration of the first President Bush as director of speechwriting and deputy assistant to the president for media affairs. He then rejoined the news media to write nationally syndicated columns for The Detroit News and USA Today during much of the Clinton administration.

[text taken from link]

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Tony Snow said something that has had a profound impact on me. He said that we are defined by the decisions we make in life. I got to thinking about the decisions I have made and how they have defined me. Of course the big ones would be the decision to quit drinking, to give my life to Christ, what I chose to study in college, who I chose to marry, where I chose to live, what I choose to eat and such things. But it is more than that. When I realize that I am defined by every decision I make, it transforms the way I look at life.

I knew he was working at CNN and had canceled some recent appearances. I feared he had taken a turn for the worse. Someday there will be no more death and God will wipe all our tears away. May God bless the legacy of Tony Snow.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Moderators

I'm so sorry to hear about Tony Snow's death. I really enjoyed watching and listening to him on FoxNews. A very good man who will be greatly missed by a lot of people.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

A good man.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.