ClubAdventist is back!

Red Cross Report

carolaa

Red Cross: CIA’s Handling of Prisoners Categorically Torture

A secret report by the International Red Cross warned the Bush administration last year that the CIA’s treatment of prisoners categorically constituted torture and could make Bush administration officials who approved the torture methods guilty of war crimes. One prisoner—Abu Zubaydah—told the Red Cross he had been waterboarded at least ten times in a single week. He was confined in a box so small that he had to double up his limbs in the fetal position. The details about the secret Red Cross report appear in a new book by investigative journalist Jane Mayer called The Dark Side.

Wait a minute! War crimes? I didn't think we were at war. According to the liberals no war was ever declared and a war on terror is too broad to be considered a war. How can we possibly have war crimes when we have no war?

I am sorry. I guess I just don't get that.

I think it is well accepted that some forms of torture were used on terrorist suspects. Congress dealt with this and outlined what the military is allowed to do and what the CIA is allowed to do. I don't like it. I agree with both McCain and Obama on the issue of torture. But Congress has dealt with it and until we get a new President I don't see that it will be an issue again.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Wait a minute! War crimes? I didn't think we were at war. According to the liberals no war was ever declared and a war on terror is too broad to be considered a war. How can we possibly have war crimes when we have no war?

Well, Bush has called it a war, so I guess he can't object.

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw