ClubAdventist is back!

Cynthia McKinney describes US govt

I thought this was a great word picture of how our democratic republic works.

Cynthia McKinney [Green Party Presidential nominee]:

“And when I got to Washington, I saw that public policy is really made in a room at a table. There were real seats at the table. Well, imagine what has happened to public policymaking now. There is a real room with a window and a door, and there’s two seats at the table. The window is for us to look through, while our representatives make policy for us, so we can see what they’re doing. At the table, one seat is for the Democrats, one seat is for the Republicans. Now, we don’t know who did it, but one of them put a lock on the door and slipped a key to the corporate lobbyists who can come and go at will and whisper what they want to Democrats and Republicans, and the result is that we the people, who pay for those seats and determine who sits in them, want one thing, but because the corporate lobbyists can come and go at will, our values get overridden and our representatives give us something else. That’s how we end up with everyone saying they’re against the war and occupation, but war and occupation still gets funding. That’s how we end up with everyone saying they’re against illegal spying on innocent people, yet end up with a telecom immunity bill being signed into law. That’s how we end up with everyone saying they’re in favor of universal access to healthcare and no one supporting what the physicians, nurses and healthcare really want, and that’s a single-payer healthcare system in this country.”

Pure conspiracy theory. Write your congressman or woman. Anyone can be a lobbyist. The lobbyists are not the problem it is the secretiveness. When lobbyists are allowed to lobby in secret is when we get corruption.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity