ClubAdventist is back!

Bring back Dan Quayle

Dan Quayle, only 41 when he first ran for vice president, pointed out that John Kennedy was only 43 when he was elected President. Lloyd Bentsen retorted, "Senator, you're no Jack Kennedy."

Now we have Obama. Unlike Obama

Quayle knew he wouldn't be vice president for "8 or 10 years."

Quayle knew there weren't "58 states."

Quayle actually knew the people he knew for twenty years.

It's time to say, "Senator Obama, you're no Dan Quayle."

“the slovenliness of our language makes it easier to have foolish thoughts.” George Orwell

Three Cheers for Dan Quayle. He would be better than Obama. thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Dan Quayle Quotes

“Republicans understand the importance of bondage between a mother and child.”

“What a waste it is to lose one’s mind. Or not to have a mind is being very wasteful. How true that is.”

“The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation’s history. I mean in this century’s history. But we all lived in this century. I didn’t live in this century.”

“Verbosity leads to unclear, inarticulate things.”

“I have made good judgments in the past. I have made good judgments in the future.”

“The future will be better tomorrow.”

“I stand by all the misstatements that I’ve made.”

“We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a part of NATO. We have a firm commitment to Europe. We are a part of Europe.”

“I am not part of the problem. I am a Republican.”

“I love California, I practically grew up in Phoenix.”

[it’s] time for the human race to enter the solar system.”

found at http://www.snopes.com/quotes/quayle.asp

dAb

O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!

I will resist giving you the Hillary quotes.

I believe in Hematology.

A poem composed entirly of statements made by the president and validated by Snopes.

Make the Pie Higher

by George W. Bush

I think we all agree, the past is over.

This is still a dangerous world.

It’s world of madmen and uncertainty

and potential mental losses.

Rarely is the question asked

Is our children learning?

Will the highways of the Internet become more few?

How many hands have I shaked?

They misunderestimate me.

I am a pitbull on the pantleg of opportunity.

I know that the human being and the fish can coexist.

Families is where our nation finds hope, where our wings take dream.

Put food on your family!

Knock down the tollbooth!

Vulcanize society!

Make the pie higher! Make the pie higher!

dAb

Quote:
I will resist giving you the Hillary quotes.

Please don't resist. :( (Make sure they are real though)

It's academic anyway. My write-in vote won't put her in the White House. beg

/dAb

dAb

OK, and I will resist giving the McCain quotes. Although I'm not sure there are as many of those as there are for DQ and HRC. I think some of Hillary's are a little more horrifying than Dan's. But a leader ought to be able to say what he means.

26 Hillary quotes from : http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/h/hillary_clinton.html

All of us have to recognize that we owe our children more than we have been giving them.

Hillary Clinton

Every nation has to either be with us, or against us. Those who harbor terrorists, or who finance them, are going to pay a price.

Hillary Clinton

For centuries, New York has served as the gateway for millions of people from all over the world in search of the American dream. It only makes sense that it would now serve as a gateway for the world's greatest athletes.

Hillary Clinton

I believe in a zone of privacy.

Hillary Clinton

I'm not going to have some reporters pawing through our papers. We are the president.

Hillary Clinton

I'm undaunted in my quest to amuse myself by constantly changing my hair.

Hillary Clinton

If I want to knock a story off the front page, I just change my hairstyle. Hillary Clinton

In the aftermath of September 11, and as the 9/11 Commission report so aptly demonstrates, it is clear that our intelligence system is not working the way that it should.

Hillary Clinton

In the Bible it says they asked Jesus how many times you should forgive, and he said 70 times 7. Well, I want you all to know that I'm keeping a chart. Hillary Clinton

In too many instances, the march to globalization has also meant the marginalization of women and girls. And that must change.

Hillary Clinton

Let's not leave an educational vacuum to be filled by religious extremists who go to families who have no other option and offer meals, housing and some form of education. If we are going to combat extremism then we must educate those very same children.

Hillary Clinton

Many of you are well enough off that the tax cuts may have helped you. We're saying that for America to get back on track, we're probably going to cut that short and not give it to you. We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good.

Hillary Clinton

No matter what you think about the Iraq war, there is one thing we can all agree on for the next days - we have to salute the courage and bravery of those who are risking their lives to vote and those brave Iraqi and American soldiers fighting to protect their right to vote.

Hillary Clinton

One day after laying a wreath at the tomb of Martin Luther King Jr., President Bush appoints a federal judge who has built his career around dismantling Dr. King's legacy.

Hillary Clinton

Probably my worst quality is that I get very passionate about what I think is right.

Hillary Clinton

The American people are tired of liars and people who pretend to be something they're not.

Hillary Clinton

The American taxpayer should not be treated more shabbily than debtors from other nations and we should be encouraging other nations to help rebuild Iraq's economy.

Hillary Clinton

The candidates we have in this campaign are... the most accomplished, in terms of public service, that we've had since 1960. One of them will be successful.

Hillary Clinton

The challenge is to practice politics as the art of making what appears to be impossible, possible.

Hillary Clinton

The challenges of change are always hard. It is important that we begin to unpack those challenges that confront this nation and realize that we each have a role that requires us to change and become more responsible for shaping our own future.

Hillary Clinton

There is a great deal of political pressure to only talk about abstinence, and to deny support for condoms and education on using them. This policy will lead to the unnecessary deaths of many people.

Hillary Clinton

Today we voted as Democrats and Republicans. Tomorrow we begin again as New Yorkers.

Hillary Clinton

Voting is the most precious right of every citizen, and we have a moral obligation to ensure the integrity of our voting process.

Hillary Clinton

We must stop thinking of the individual and start thinking about what is best for society.

Hillary Clinton

What we have to do... is to find a way to celebrate our diversity and debate our differences without fracturing our communities.

Hillary Clinton

You show people what you're willing to fight for when you fight your friends.

Hillary Clinton

/dAb

dAb

Of all these quotes those of Obama seem the most intelligent and thoughtful. Hillary is a close second. McCain is ... well... ok. He seems to be quite volatile and emotional.

I guess I will vote for Obama, afterall. But Hillary outshines him in her delivery, her speaking ability. She is more witty and much better looking! And I've never seen anyone work so hard and so persistently.

dAb

• Moderators

I think the polls showing that Obama is still only a point or two ahead of McCain spells problems for Obama. It seems to me that during the last few weeks, with all of the attention on him, and almost none on McCain, Obama should have pulled out in front by a much larger margin. I think the fact he hasn't shows that a lot of Americans have some possibly nagging reservations about Obama.

At this point, the election could go either way. A lot depends on the debates. They may be pretty even right up to the end of September. I just hope the election is not thrown into the House. But if it is, Obama wins easily because the Democrats have a majority there. I'd rather see the election won by a clear majority of the voters this time-- for a change.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Moderators

Yeah I agree, but nobody-- not even the bad spellers-- could forget the misspelling of potato. The media wanted everyone to remember that and they did-- in fact, amazingly, after almost two decades, they still do. Shows the power of the media. Now if only the mass media could use that power to get us to remember good things that well.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Quote:
I'd rather see the election won by a clear majority of the voters this time-- for a change.

Esp. a Democratic majority! :)

dAb

The media hated Dan Quayle because Dan Quayle was a dedicated family man. When Dan Quayle went to Washington D.C. as a senator the divorce rate in the Senate was higher than any other group of people in the US. Dan Quayle determined not to let politics break-up his family. He was determined to spend each evening home with his family and as a result he did not attend the Washington functions where so many in the media mix with politicians. The media felt snubbed by him - even the conservatives like George Will. They felt that he thought of himself as being too good to socialize with them. Thus they were infuriated when George H.W. Bush choose him as a running mate. Many of the odd sayings attributed to Dan Quayle were actually lies the media published.

Perhaps the most successful thing Dan Quayle ever did was convince the President that he needed to seek authorization for the use of force for the Persian Gulf War. President Reagan had said that the War Powers Act of 1973 was unconstitutional and President George H.W. Bush did not intend to follow it until Dan Quayle convinced him that he needed to. That set a new precedent for Congress declaring war. At the time, I predicted that never again would we see a President as Congress for a traditional declaration of war. The precedent was set and it has Dan Quayle's fingerprints all over it.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Quote:
Many of the odd sayings attributed to Dan Quayle were actually lies the media published.

The Quayle sayings i posted are backed up by Snopes.com as being authentic.

We deserve to have leaders who can speak in such a manner as to represent America in a digified way. Reagan did fine, he was dignified and charming, but hard on working people's family finances. Obama will do much much better than Bush has done. Bush has failed completely as far a charm and dignity go. IMHO. bigsigh

/dAb

dAb

Do we decide truth on who has the nicest set of teeth then? Or most eloquence?

Herod gave an eloquent speech.

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

Do we decide truth on who has the nicest set of teeth then? Or most eloquence?

Herod gave an eloquent speech.

What has truth to do with politics? shrugAnd did I mention Nice Teeth? Intelligence and thoughtfulness is what I'm looking for.

After reading the quotes, I think Obama is the one most blessed with those qualities. By the way, I haven't considered his teeth, and I think his ears stick out too far. He is not nearly as handsome as McCain used to be.

As for eloquence: A person who cannot make him/herself understood in simple correct English will never make the kind of statesman/woman we need. A person who can not take the time to speak correctly ... will they ever take the time to do anything correctly?

It appears that Obama has already thought about what he says.

Reagan was handsome but had ugly policies that hurt my family. He had nice teeth, he was eloquent, he wrote nice letters, he was a nice man - but I never voted for him. Carter would have been better for my business.

/dAb

dAb

Quote:
It appears that Obama has already thought about what he says.

There's not an ounce of thought in all his vacuous pronouncements. But it doesn't matter. He could recite the alphabet and his acolytes would be standing around in awe. What grandeur! What soaring rhetoric!

I'm waiting for him to blow his nose and have the press delcare it 'the greates speech on health care.'

I almost want him elected-- the guy's Chance, the gardener! It would be continuous farce watching Obama give these vaporous declarations, and the press and his breathless acolytes all declaring how truly deep it all is.

“the slovenliness of our language makes it easier to have foolish thoughts.” George Orwell

There's not an ounce of thought in all his vacuous pronouncements. But it doesn't matter. He could recite the alphabet and his acolytes would be standing around in awe. What grandeur! What soaring rhetoric!

I'm waiting for him to blow his nose and have the press delcare it 'the greates speech on health care.'

I almost want him elected-- the guy's Chance, the gardener! It would be continuous farce watching Obama give these vaporous declarations, and the press and his breathless acolytes all declaring how truly deep it all is.

Ok, Ichy, it sounds that you are a bit repressed for your feelings about Obama....I want you to tell us how you really feel about Obama, Ichy....Don't hold anything back. and don't mask anything... just let out your feelings for the man, Ichy......

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

QR frame:

During a forty minute press conference 'bama held a few days ago - eight minutes, timed, of it - consisted of the most excellent utilization of uh, uh, uh, and, and, uh, umm, uh..., on his part; a fine demonstration of the place of monosyllabics in erudite speech.

One can only assume - absence of teleprompter bwink

Oh. But you assume wrong. Truth be known ... He is just a slow reader and even then he is slow to process what he thinks about what he is saying.

I believe in Hematology.

Dan Quayle, only 41 when he first ran for vice president, pointed out that John Kennedy was only 43 when he was elected President. Lloyd Bentsen retorted, "Senator, you're no Jack Kennedy."

there was more to cause Lloyd Bensen's remark...Dan Quayle, as I recall, was giving his credentials, stating that he had more education than President Kennedy, and more experience than him...Causing Senator Bensen to say, "I was with Jack Kennedy. I knew Jack Kennedy. Senator, you are no Jack Kennedy."

Just thought I would sent the record straight....For Ichy.....

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw