ClubAdventist is back!

Are You A Chump?

What is your most trusted source of political news?

Do you get your news from several sources which claim to be objective?

Do you get your news from sources are idealogical - that means they openly push a political ideology?

Do you get excited about issues when you listen to the news or are you skeptical of suspected or open bias?

Too many people today listen to news they agree with. They look for news sources that match their personal bias. Then they swallow that news source's spin on the news hook, line and sinker without the least bit of skepticism.

Here are a few openly bais news sources:

Conservative:

National Review

Rush Limbaugh

Sean Hannity

Newsmax.com

MediaResearch.org

American Spectator

Liberal:

Salon.com

Hardball with Chris Matthews

Media Matters

Air America

BuzzFlash.com

CommonDreams.org

ThinkProgress.org

Some people actually get their news from comedy programs such as Saturday Night Live and The Daily Show, both known to be openly liberal, but neither claiming to be factually correct in reporting news.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Quote:
Conservative:

National Review

Rush Limbaugh

Sean Hannity

Newsmax.com

MediaResearch.org

American Spectator

Yes to all the above.

No to all the below ...

Quote:
Liberal:

Salon.com

Hardball with Chris Matthews

Media Matters

Air America

BuzzFlash.com

CommonDreams.org

ThinkProgress.org

However ... I spend most of my time getting news from a 'Fair and Balanced' new organization.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

However ... I spend most of my time getting news from a 'Fair and Balanced' new organization.

Let's see, that would be FauxNews, wouldn't it....

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Lately, I have not been listening to the news....I have gone to cuil.com...[pronounced "cool"dot com]. It provides me with google new, yahoo news, CNN, CNET, BBC, and a few others that I have not looked at. That should be a source that you could take hook line and sinker, it seems to me...

And before you start to say that those are left leaning organizations, I think you should know, BBC is a conservative news organization run by conservatives in the UK. Of course, that might mean that they are left of the US center, but nevertheless, they are conservatives in general...

And I tend to look at reporting that goes a bit deeper than the superficial What...I also look for the Who, the When, Where, Why, and how come to be answered in any reported article. I find that there is a lot of embellishment on the how come from the concervative news sources....Sad, cuz one can not take them as serious when they embellish thier stories......

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Anyone can build their own Google page at http://www.google.com/ig and have news highlights from all kinds of sources including the Adventist News Network. My homepage is my custom made Google page. I have NPR, BBC, USA Today, FOXNews, ESPN, CBS News, Christianity Today, Drudge Report and CNN on it.

I do not believe there is any source of news it is safe to take hook, line and sinker.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Moderators

Thanks, Shane. That looks like something news hounds like myself should really take advantage of. And you're right about news-- that's why it is best to verify and get it from multiple sources and viewpoints. It keeps 'em honest-- well, kinda honest anyway.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.