ClubAdventist is back!

Obama making fun of names ...

Obama who has an unusual name himself ... today made fun of the name of McCain's bus. I had better hopes for Obama. But, this negative campaign of his has me concerned.

I suppose that when some make an issue of Obama's name .... that he will complain ... but he has no right to.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Oh well...I say that I have never seen a campaign that didn't get negative at some point. I still think it is less negative than some of Hillary's jabs at anyone who was running against her.

You are right about that ...

But then we have to understand ... They are DEMOs

I believe in Hematology.

It is Straight Talk Express and Obama called it the Low Road Express and established a website with that name to defend himself against McCain's "attacks". It is a defensive tactic on Obama's part and if he remains on the defensive he loses. Anyone remember how well Kerry defended himself against the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth?

There is a campaign strategy. Throw out or feed a false accusation. Get the media to cover it and get the opposition candidate to defend him or herself. The "debate" and news coverage then all turns to the accusation. It doesn't matter if it is true or not. The more people talk about it, the more damage is done. So by Obama starting a defensive website he simple gives more life to the rumors that are circulated about him.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Moderators

No, I don't think it will. Although naturally the way the game is played, McCain has to react.

Obama has been running up till fairly recently on the idea that he is above the negative campaigning, but all this is showing that Obama is not really different from all the other politicians we've ever had. That cannot work in his favor. It makes it appear that he tried to seem to be something he ain't. Surprised? I wish I could say I am.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

I think the election is Obama's to lose. It is going to be a referendum on Obama. The next few months is going to be all about Obama introducing himself to America and how America reacts. If McCain wins it will be because America rejects Obama.

As long as Obama is on the defense, he is losing. That is because when he is defending himself against accusations America is focused on the accusations. When he becomes defensive, he is not setting the agenda. If he is going to win he has to be telling America what he wants America to know about him.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Moderators

I think the election is Obama's to lose. It is going to be a referendum on Obama. The next few months is going to be all about Obama introducing himself to America and how America reacts. If McCain wins it will be because America rejects Obama.

I couldn't agree more. Exactly right. He could do it too, but that would mean being what he says he is, which is a new kind of leader who really is a uniter and is unafraid of showing himself as he actually is. Somehow I feel like American still isn't convinced that it knows him all that well. It's like there's a piece of the puzzle missing, as if America is in a stalling pattern. I think that's why he's losing ground to McCain when he should have already gained on him. Never saw an election like this one.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

So the bus is going to have its feelings hurt?

It's not the bus that had it's feelers hurt ... it the owners'.

I just don't think we need these kinds of personal attacks.

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

My feeling is that if Obama doesn't get a "527" or one of his surrogates to get rough and tough the slim lead he has in the polls will vanish. They need to go after Mcain's national security credentials. Go after you opponents strengths, thats the conventional wisdom. Going after the bus is lame.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Quote:
Going after the bus is lame.

I agree with this statement. But I think that is the only place where Obama thinks he can win. He wrongly thought the bus could not defend it's self.

I believe in Hematology.