ClubAdventist is back!

'Obama Believers', the theological aspects of the Obama campaign....

• Administrators

Shane,

If I understand your logic, you are saying that there are no lies because everyone controlling the telling is on the same page as far as the story line goes and that the majority believed it. Sorry but that does not mean that there was no lying. It just means that it was very carefully crafted and very effective lying.

The evidence continues to mount from inside sources that the Bush administration aggrssively manipulated the information flow to the media, cherry picked "intelligence" that supported their agenda, no matter how sketchy, ignoring anything that didn't, no matter how credibly, and most damning of all - manufactured "intelligence" to support their march toward war with Iraq. That really is "bad intelligence"!

Ron Suskind's new book The Way of the World documents further confirmation of the forged documents and the manipulation of the evidence and that George Tenet took his marching orders directly from the White House. Lest one is tempted to get on the shoot-the-messenger bandwagon, Suskind carefully bases his reporting in the book on tape recorded, on-the-record, interviews with insiders with direct personal knowledge of, and involvement in, the events in question. And this book is now just the latest in a growing list confirming the corruption and incompetence of the Bush administration.

Tom

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dr. Shane

• D. Allan

• John317

• jasd

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quote:
...there are no lies because everyone controlling the telling is on the same page as far as the story line goes and that the majority believed it. Sorry but that does not mean that there was no lying. It just means that it was very carefully crafted and very effective lying.

Exactly. I completely agree. In fact, the conspiracy had to be so carefully crafted that Senators Clinton and Kerry were part of it! That is what is hard for me to believe. That kool-aid is just too red for me to swallow.

Quote:
The evidence continues to mount from inside sources that the Bush administration aggressively manipulated the information flow to the media, cherry picked "intelligence" that supported their agenda,

Expose-all books continue to be published however these books are the ones guilty of cherry-picking the facts to support their agenda. When we look at the big picture, if lies were told and facts were manipulated to take us to war in Iraq, it was done by both Democrats and Republicans, both the Clinton and Bush Administrations and a host of allies. That is just too much for me to swallow.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

No selective memory on my part.

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Quote:
But why was [Hans Blix] against the war, Shane?

One answer would probably be that since his job was to prevent war, it would mean he failed to do what he was sent to do. Which he did. Hans Blix also believes the global warming is a bigger threat to the world than nuclear weapons are. So I am not sure I can figure that puzzle out.

Quote:
You have said that Putin told us that Saddam had WMDs. If Putin told us that because he was GB friend, then why did Russia block our requests at the UN?

First, I didn't say anything about Putin and Saddam. I simply repeated what was reported in the news. I am not the source.

I don't know that Putin is a friend of Bush. I am not sure about that puzzle either. Putin himself was not being bribed by Saddam. The Russian Orthodox Church was being bribed and they have a tremendous influence in Russian politics. So we don't have the answers to everything. We simply have some pieces to a puzzle and we are missing other pieces.

Quote:
The US demanded of Sadddam that he proved that he doesn't have WMDs.

What was agreed upon was that Saddam would show evidence that he had destroyed all his WMDs. This was part of a cease-fire agreement that Saddam agreed to. Then he jerked around the weapons inspectors who were trying to help him comply with the agreement until he finally kicked them out in 1998.

Quote:
...and even allowed the inspectors back into the country and allowed them access to most anything.

Actually even up until the very end the weapons inspectors were reporting lack of Iraqi cooperation. Saddam was playing a game. He was counting on his bribes to the UN to stop the invasion so that he could get sanctions lifted and resume his WMD programs.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity