ClubAdventist is back!

Whites a minority in America by year 2042..?

Reddogs

Well this is a interesting projection, it will definitely change some peoples outlook, and maybe some churchs and their membership.....

The census bureau says that white people will not be the majority of Americans in a few decades, that's eight years sooner than previous estimates, made in 2004. The nation has been growing more diverse for decades, but the process has sped up through immigration and higher birth rates among minority residents, especially Hispanics.The white population is older and very much centered around the aging baby boomers who are well past their high fertility years, so that translates to less births. "Part of it is a higher fertility rate for some of the minority groups, Hispanics in particular," said Dave Waddington, chief of the Census Bureau's population projection branch, which issued the report. "Those groups also tend to be more of the childbearing age. Non-Hispanic white people tend to be a little bit older."

The projections are based on Census 2000 results and assumptions about future childbearing, mortality rates and net international migration, the bureau said. The Census Bureau released population projections through 2050, based on rates for births, deaths and immigration.

http://www.glennbeck.com/content/articles/article/198/13858/

http://www.wnbc.com/family/17185866/detail.html?rss=ny&psp=nationalnews

That's true, especially here in Houston. There are about 5 or 6 large hispanic churches on the North side of the city. There are probably several small congregations meeting at strip malls.

There may be even more than that. One is located about 5 blocks from where we live. they mostly worship in spanish though.

I prayed for twenty years but received no answer until I prayed with my legs.

Frederick Douglass

• Moderators

I suspect, though, (and rather hope) that by 2042 it won't be so much a case of particular identified minority groups (of which whites will become one more), but rather a matter of enough racial and social and cultural mixing that it's hard for most people to identify as members of any group rather than Americans. I guess this is where I join up with some on the right who decry the use of African-American, Mexican-America, Swiss and Swedish American and so on... But rather than force people to stop it, which I don't think makes sense, I kinda hope everyone marries everyone else, and after a couple of generations it just gets too awkward to say that you're Korean-Native-German-Carribean-... American and just simpler to be American.

Go the melting pot.

Truth is important

The 2nd advent may have taken place by then perhaps.

Frederick Douglass

Just make it to heaven. Once there I don't think it will matter.

Frederick Douglass

I suspect, though, (and rather hope) that by 2042 it won't be so much a case of particular identified minority groups (of which whites will become one more), but rather a matter of enough racial and social and cultural mixing that it's hard for most people to identify as members of any group rather than Americans. I guess this is where I join up with some on the right who decry the use of African-American, Mexican-America, Swiss and Swedish American and so on... But rather than force people to stop it, which I don't think makes sense, I kinda hope everyone marries everyone else, and after a couple of generations it just gets too awkward to say that you're Korean-Native-German-Carribean-... American and just simpler to be American.

Go the melting pot.

Yes, and the Lion will lie with the Lamb, the tiger with the kid, dogs and cats all close and comfy :grouphug4:......well I hate to tell you but it aint gonna happen.... till we are changed in a twinkling of a eye and go to the Heavenly Kingdom........

Sin has a hold on us like you wouldnt believe and I have come across Christians who had no inkling of the prejudice in their hearts till they bumped into a real live illegal immigrant, or someone darker than them or another ethnic group and suddenly it came out of their mouth and the hidden depths of their mind......

• Moderators

Go that even more!

Oh, btw, will whites be a minority in heaven? bwink

Didn't EGW say everyone will be black in heaven so....... bpeace

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Moderators

Originally Posted By: Bravus
Go that even more!

Didn't EGW say everyone will be black in heaven so....... bpeace

God's maybe got waiting a good joke on all of us:-- none of will be the color we are so fond of on this earth. That will be to teach us that color is of zero importance in God's Kingdom.

Hey another idea-- If a person dislikes blacks because of skin color, guess what color he'll be in eternity (assuming he gets there at all).

And if a person dislikes whites or Mexicans for their skin color-- they just might be the same color of the people they disliked in this life.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Moderators

Go that even more!

Seriously, the whites on the West coast generally feel so well-off that they don't have to rely on God the way poor people do. I believe this causes many people to have little concern for God or for spiritual things. On the other hand, the "minorities," who are poorer and who feel their dependance on God, have a far greater interest in God and in studying the Bible. It's not always a blessing to be wealthy and "successful."

I was a literature evangelist for a few years in the Seattle area and I always found much more spiritual interest in the poor neighborhoods than in the wealthy ones. So I don't see it as being so much a matter of color or race as it is wealth and plenty. It's like Jesus said, It is harder for a rich man to get into the Kingdom than it is for a rope [Aramaic] to go through the eye of a needle.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

The local comment here in FL is that the language of Heaven will be Spanish.

Thing is...will we 'know' that it is Spanish? Or will there be dialects? Or even accents?

In English, there is the Oz, the Canadians, the Brits; then there is the Americans...Southern, New Jersey and New York, the midwest, the western both south and north. Then we must not forget all of the immigrants and their input on it as they learn Engish.

Personally, I think that the color of the Americans being more varied is a good thing.

Wakan Tanka Kici Un

~~Child of Christ~~

Whites are just about a minority in our suburban Melbourne church.

Having said that, "black" and "white" are pretty meaningless terms. We have the folks who are really, really black (from Zambia, Zimbabwe and other parts of Africa), and those who are really, really white (blondes like me from Poland and other parts of Northern Europe), but what pigeon-hole do we put the others in? We have people from Italy, Germany, India, Mauritius, the Philippines, Chile, Singapore, and many other places, in all shades of pink, brown, tan, yellow, red, etc.

And skin colour is not all that great a predictor of how well we get along - some of the worst incidents of racism I have been aware of (at various churches and outside the church) have been white vs. white (Polish vs. German; Serbian vs. Croatian, etc).

When I was in elementary school (at an SDA school) whites were definitely in the minority. I remember one class I belonged to that had only 3 English-speaking Anglo "Aussies" out of about 25 kids. We had Polish, Yugoslav, Hungarian, Hispanic, East Timorese, Vietnamese, Chinese, Romanian, Greek, Italian, and probably many others I've forgotten. It was great when we did a re-enactment of the Tower of Babel story - the teacher would simply say "OK, everybody speak your own language!"

Most of the time we didn't even stop to think what race everybody belonged to - and still don't.

Just a few random Sabbath afternoon thoughts.

Aldona

www.asrc.org.au

(Asylum Seeker Resource Centre, Melbourne)

Helping over 2000 refugees & asylum seekers each month

IMSLP/Petrucci Music Library

The Public Domain Music Score Library - Free Sheet Music Downloads

Looking for classical sheet music? Try IMSLP first!

What seems to be unnoticed in that statistic is the phenomena of rapid disaster rate in almost every sphere of activity upon the earth. If those rates continue to accelerate exponentially in the next 34 years as they have in the last ten years, the only skin color will be that of whatever crispy critters will be left lying around.

"And when ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars, be ye not troubled: for such things must needs be; but the end shall not be yet.

For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be earthquakes in divers places, and there shall be famines and troubles: these are the beginnings of sorrows." Mark 13:7,8 KJV

Regards! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Sin has a hold on us like you wouldnt believe and I have come across Christians who had no inkling of the prejudice in their hearts till they bumped into a real live illegal immigrant, or someone darker than them or another ethnic group and suddenly it came out of their mouth and the hidden depths of their mind......

Which begs the question, Is it possible to be nationalistic and still be a Christian in Christ's eyes?

"Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves" Philippians 2:3 NASB

Regards! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Doesn't that depend upon your idea of a perfect body? I thought current ideas included that the perfect female was blonde blue-eyed and tanned and that most perfect men inclueded the lack of a known beer belly and obvious pecks and tanned rippled washboard belly.......

But who am I to repeat these things....?

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw