ClubAdventist is back!

Fox's Obama Smears

Thank you, Carola for posting this....

I see this retoric all the time and it is passed on as "Truth"...Just the other day, I have a coworker, who used to be a military, say that Obama never suluited [sp] the flag. When i showed him the congressional video record of him leading out in the pledge of allegiance and suluiting the flag, his retort was " Well, there are more pictures showing him NOT suluting than doing so." Just WHERE do these guys get thier information??????????

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Fox presents both sides. This clip is just a bunch of McCain supporters linked together with statements that appear to be mistaken. What it fails to show is the Obama supporters that are also given air time on FOXNews as a balance to the McCain supporters.

This is yet another example of selective reporting. It is deceptive and misleading. To place any level of trust in these kinds of compilations is extreamely naive.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Moderators

Fox presents both sides.

This is yet another example of selective reporting.

If this is true, then please favor us with some examples of Fox's reporting which is supportive of Obama.

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

• Administrators

saywa ... "Fox presents both sides." ... thinking ...

ROFL

biglaugh

LOL

thatsfunny

Tom

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

"Fox presents both sides" biglaugh

Now, to be fair, it does presnet "both sides"..many time...not always, but many times.

And always, while the republican side is or appears like so much common sense, why is it that the democratic side is always weak or just not true?

That is why, Shane, the statement is so ludicrious.

I have seen a lot of thinking going on the democratic side...and Fox is not presenting that

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

I disagree that FOXNews presents a weak side for the Democrats. When I watch Hannity and Combs I think Combs' arguments come across has much more well thought out than Hannity's do. Combs has caused me to rethink my positions and even change a position. Hannity has come across so rude and boisterous that I have been turned off by a lot of what he says.

Greta Van Susteren is a liberal with a prime-time show on FOXNews. In June she interviewed Pelosi with a lot of easy questions not like what a conservative such as Hannity would have thrown at her.

Al Sharpton is often a guest on the O'Reilly Factor and Hannity & Combs. I find many of Sharpton's arguments both compelling and convincing. I certainly wouldn't label him as a "weak" Democrat.

Congressman Charles Rangel is another liberal that is often on FOXNews and shouldn't be classified as a "weak" Democrat.

Conservative blogs have complained that Shepard Smith is too liberal and reports too many left-leaning stories on FOXNews without giving an opposing view. (For those that don't watch, Shephard Smith is a prime-time news anchor).

Geraldo Rivera is a liberal and has his own show on FOXNews. He is also a guest on the O'Reilly factor.

Juan Williams is a moderate liberal but hated by many on the far left because they feel he "sold them out". Juan is about as far to the left as Bill O'Reilly is to the right. Both are semi-moderates - Juan is on the left and Bill is on the right. Juan is regularly on the O'Reilly Factor.

• Members

I agree with shane. I think Fox News covers both sides of an issue. And I think they cover it better than the rest of them. I'll tell you why I think so. When 9/11 happened, my wife and I where down in Florida visiting my Mom. We spent the rest of the time glued to the TV to watch all the events on all the different stations. The only one that I thought did a good job was Fox. I had never really cared which news station I would watch because I thought most of them where pretty much equal. Than we went into Iraq. I spent the first few days watching all the different stations again, finally I could see that Fox was much superior to the others. Focusing on both sides of the issues of why we went into Iraq. There are a few programs on CNN that I enjoy, like Wolf Blizer and Larry King, but that's about it. Anyway that's my 2 cent's worth.

pkrause

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

I disagree that FOXNews presents a weak side for the Democrats.

Geraldo Rivera is a liberal and has his own show on FOXNews. He is also a guest on the O'Reilly factor.

I don't watch Foxnews very often. And when I do, I see Hanity going at someone and getting , as you say, "rude" and just plain stupid.

As for Geraldo, why any network would hire that glory hound is beyond me. Here is another "idiot" that conservative news castors like to parade around as someone "in the know" when it is obvious he dont know nothing. And it is only when he opens his mouth that all doubt is removed.

Sorry, Shane...Just don't see a reason to watch FoxNews for anything as I don't trust them. The only thing that they got, is thier primetime programs like House, or Bones.

George Bernard Shaw

Radical lift-wing organizations have been very successful at demonizing FOXNews. This demonization has been a great means of fund raising for moveon.org. Unfortunately many that receive emails from these organizations or surf their blogs tend to judge FOXNews more from what they hear than first-hand experience of actually watching FOXNews and comparing it to other news sources.

I think FOXNews could do a better job in some areas. I don't trust any single source of news. As far as news sources goes, I consider FOXNews as good as any other and better than some.

It wasn't the "Radical Left wing organizations" that convinced me that FoxNews was tainted...it was FoxNews itself. Everything that could be politicized was...and you always heard some replublican slant somewheres in the article. It's embarrasing.

And to make matters worse, when they stick reporters like Geraldo on there...Geraldo came from Sacrememto, California. When he reported, it was always something sensational...He could never keep the sensational out of the news...he HAD to dress it up for the audience. I remember he called a press conference to find the secret money stash of a netorious 1930's ganster. It turned out to be a bust...and his reporting of the event, ...gosh, how that man EVER kept moving up in journalistic profession is beyond me...He is good for ONLY tabloid journalizm. And I hate that stuff. And FoxNews thinks he a "liberal"...Only by name only....He's a glory hound, out to make himself into a household word...and he has...along with other tabloid foolish stuff.

George Bernard Shaw

Quote:
I remember he called a press conference to find the secret money stash of a netorious 1930's ganster.

That was over 20 years ago (before FOXNews existed) and it was his big break. Before that, no one knew who he was. Regardless what one individual thinks about Geraldo, one only has to watch him disagree with conservatives to see he is liberal and as long as his program continues to bring in the ratings, he will continue to have a show.

"What one person thinks"?? I supppose that means me, eh?

Well here's what IMDB says about him....

His most famous program was The Mystery of Al Capone's Vaults (1986) (TV) that aired in April 1986. When Chicago's Lexington Hotel was being demolished, a sealed vault was discovered. Rivera hosted the live program that was going to climax with the opening of the vault, supposedly revealing Al Capone's treasure or a more gruesome find. The biggest find was an empty whiskey bottle. The hype generated a record rating of 57 with an estimated audience of 30,000,000. The term "Al Capone's Vault" has come to mean any overhyped event that leads to nothing.

I am sorry, Shane...but he's a glory hound and he's always been a glory hound.

Oh, and as a parting shot, here's is what NBC executive Brandon Tartikoff once said of him: "There are two words that serve as a signal that you're operating in an area of questionable taste. Those words are 'Geraldo Rivera.'"

Have a good day, Shane....

George Bernard Shaw

The business is all about ratings. That is what most FOXNews critics don't grasp. It isn't about political ideology. FOXNews employs liberal Geraldo Rivera and Conservative Sean Hannity for the same reason - they bring in the ratings. It is all about ratings, ratings, ratings. Critics can say what they want but it doesn't change the ratings FOXNews is getting. They have to be doing something right.