ClubAdventist is back!

Please pray...

james423

• Moderators

This next week marks a crucial time for our academy program here at Laurelbrook. Despite all our people and our lawyers could do and did, our trial over our U.S. Labor Department case is starting this next Tuesday and Wednesday. In a very small nutshell, the department accuses the school of "profiting" from the labor of minors.

The Labor Department had insisted that the case start the first day of school, which is Monday, but the judge ruled otherwise. This is just of a number of strange turns in this case that only the Lord could engineer. I am told that judges rarely if ever split up trial time in a case, but the rest of the legal arguments that can't be put on those two days will be scheduled for another day two to three months later with effects I cannot mention.

With a trial this close, I can't say much more, but we would like to ask an interest in all your prayers, expecially for those of us who will shortly face these Labor Department lawyers as witnesses. All of us have been praying about this intensely for months, but we need others to ask the Lord to work out His will in this situation.

Thanks.

P.S. If you want to see the few documents we've released, go to www.laurelbrook.org.

James Brenneman

• Members

You are in prayers. Just remember that all things work together for good.

pkrause

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Administrators

Yes, James, I will pray that the Lord's will be done. Also, for those of you who are actively involved.

Courage

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

Hi,
This is zerico,yes James me too pray for you along with my family and church members.think positive,god will slove your problem soon.....

=========================================
=

• Moderators

Thanks for your prayers. The prosecution's case is not finished yet with only a few witnesses heard (our president was on the witness stand for five hours). We did get to help the homeless in a nearby park the first day with our extra sack lunches. As the trial was going on, we had prayer bands several times in the hallway outside the courtroom.

The rest of the trial has been postponed until March 30, 2009. The judge recessed the case right in the middle of the cross-examination of a witness.

Perhaps the Lord is working something out we don't know about.

James Brenneman

• Moderators

It turns out that this particular federal court is the scene of a murder trial, the first in the history of this judicial district. A man with two "friends" kidnapped a restaurant owner in Atlanta, GA and took him over the Tennessee line to Collegedale (Southern's home). There the man killed his victim when he tried to resist.

As the local paper said, trials of this kind have to have the permission of the U.S. attorney-general, especially if prosecutors are going to seek the death penalty, which they are in this case.

James Brenneman