ClubAdventist is back!

Russian Headache Looms For Next US President

Quote:
I also fear a POW who has power to obliterate his enemys.

POW's like President Washington and Andrew Jackson? (For those living outside of the US those Presidents are on our one dollar and twenty dollar bills respectively.) Oh, maybe I should add, President Andrew Jackson hated the British until the day he died because of how they treated him while he was a POW. (just a minor detail)

Jackson and Washington didn't have access to weapons of mass destruction at the push of a button nor were these gentlemen leaders of a LEADING world power at the time of thier leadership. Not exactly your Apples to Apples analogy....

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

• Moderators

McCain is not 'rumored' to have anger issues, he is shown to have them, and has screamed and cursed at a number of people very publicly over the years. Funny that those so concerned about F words in movies are comfortable with them when 'their guy' says them.

Truth is important

Well I don't like anyone using vulgarity but unfortunately I have learned in business that some people will only listen when vulgarity is used. Thus, I use it myself from time to time however I strictly avoid taking the Lord's name in vain. I have heard about McCain's temper but have never looked into how factual the reports were perhaps because it really doesn't bother me.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Moderators

I don't expect everyone to go by my standards of behavior. Character does matter, however. But as far as the use of swearing is concerned, although I don't do it myself, I don't think this disqualifies a person from being a good executive or good president. Most of our presidents swore: Truman, LBJ, Kennedy, etc.

Actually, McCain reminds me a lot of Truman. Truman is on most historians lists of the 10 top American presidents and he swore in public more often than any president I know of. Not saying one must swear in order to be a good president, but on the other hand, it proves that swearing and having a temper doesn't keep one from being a great president.

I'd rather have a president with a temper than one who seems "oh-hum" about everything, which the way Obama comes across to me. Did you see his first remarks about the Russian invasion of Georgia? I seriously doubt he uses that in his ads about his leadership qualities and his ability to make hard and fast decisions. Reminds me of when he was asked about Abortion and he said he didn't think he was qualified to say when life begins. I preferred McCains answer. McCain just says what he thinks. Obama seems uncertain what to say and as if his primary concern is to avoid saying something that will offend the voters.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Quote:
Jackson and Washington didn't have access to weapons of mass destruction

Kings during Biblical times didn't have WMDs either. So why did the earth tremble when a servant became a king? I mean,,, if Americans didn't have to worry about Jackson and Washington because WMDs didn't exist yet, then I guess citizens of the ancient world didn't have to worry about who their kings were either. So what is the Bible passage talking about? Quite confusing really.

Proverbs 30:21: "Under three things the earth trembles, under four it cannot bear up: a servant who becomes king, a fool who is full of food, an unloved woman who is married, and a maidservant who displaces her mistress."

Revised version: "Under three things the earth trembles, under four it cannot bear up: a servant (or POW) who becomes President, a fool who is full of food, an unloved woman who is married, and a maidservant who displaces her mistress."

Please make necessary adjustments to all Bibles so we don't have any confusion.

• Moderators

Senator Thad Cochran (REPUBLICAN.-Miss.) on his thoughts about McCain becoming Commander in Chief.

quote:

"The thought of his being president sends a cold chill down my spine," "He is erratic. He is hotheaded. He loses his temper and he worries me."

This coming from a REPUBLICAN fellow United States Senator.

Truth is important

There are a lot of Republicans that don't like McCain. That is one of the big reasons Obama has such an advantage in this election. A temper doesn't bother me. Maybe because I was raised in such a turbulent home. Even in my job, when someone get mad and yells it doesn't intimidate me too much.