ClubAdventist is back!

Who are your favorite evangelists?

rush4hire

Back on topic for a second. I feel bad that I forgot poor Jim Arrabito. The problem is, he died in a plane crash in 1991, so he's not making any more videos.

You can buy those videos here:

http://www.lltproductions.com/products/index.php?cPath=2&osCsid=47b8f57450be92b90af79690dff399f0

A good thing is, his material about the Sabbath in history was used in making "The 7th Day", which is a good high production presentation, and worth buying if you can get the whole set for $25.

The tragic thing is, all these other evangelists have their videos so anyone can download them for free. I found Jim Arribito's videos at http://www.loudcry.org/video.htm . The thumbnails looked old and boring, so they where the last ones there that I watched. But I was surprised. They where very good. I'm sure glad I got them, because now they are gone. They where taken down after someone complained because they where selling them at lltproductions.com.

The ones I have are:

666 and the Mark

The Secret Rapture

Babylonian Connection

Inroads of spiritualism

Legacy of Halloween

Fall of the Dragon

Lost Pages of Christianity (Waldenses)

The Jesuits in History

Creation Talks

The Throne of God

Young People's History of the Sabbath

Maybe on Sunday

That one on the Jesuits was kinda shocking. I'd never heard such things before. So I google "Jim Arrabito Jesuits" and find this page: http://www.spirituallysmart.com/alberto.html So here's yet another video that was not with the others for some reason.

It's a collection of interviews with people that had encounters with Jesuits disguised as Protestants, that where trying to teach Catholic doctrines and to make Protestant churches more ecumenical and to undermine the effectiveness of certain evangelistic endeavors. Interesting stories. I think most of the ones interviewed where SDA. Dr. Rivera is seen alot.

If you just want the video, it's here:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5730251808212460790

This is just a bunch of interviews. The plan was to use the footage in a documentary, but tragically, he died, so the documentary was never made. At the end of this video, he tells of when he was threatened by a Jesuit priest.

Does the idea of assassination, murder, persecution, and suffering, bother you? It really shouldn't. I remember when a Roman Catholic priest stood in this studio. And told me that they where watching me. And that they where serious about any thread to what they wanted to do. I told him go ahead. Shoot. What difference does it make? As long as I'm alive, I will present this truth. But if I die, then my troubles are over. Every one that will be in heaven will have suffered for Christ. When we get there, our Master will have scars in His hands. And only if we suffer will we feel that we have a perfect right to that place. In fact in Revelation 12, verse 11, we read: "And they overcame him by the blood of the lamb, by the word of their testimony, and they loved not their lives unto death. This message we have to give, we've got to give without worrying about consequences. It's a divine message of truth. It cannot fail. We're fulfilling the prophecies of the closing events, and it's going to go through to completion. It's time for all of us Adventists to wake up. Give up the things of this world and go forward and give this message. Now I want you to listen very carefully as Dr Rivera and Dr. Dukes share these thoughts with you.

So, it looks like he was in a hurry to just get those interviews out before they whacked him.

To me, the accident after the thread looks a bit suspicious. It looks like they must have sabotaged his plane and waited for bad weather to make the plane crash. They could have used a small explosive device with a long range detonate, that would do just enough damage to the plane so the pilot would just not have any more control.

That's just what it looks like to me. I suppose I'll be the only one again...

But I learned a great deal from Jim Arrabito, on many topics. It was ironic I watched him last. And I didn't even know he was dead until I saw that page. After I watched all the videos, I hoped to find more up-to-date material. Sad, sad tragedy. Terrible loss.

I cant make a sig with 30 chrs

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John317

• Woody

• rush4hire

• olger

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Originally Posted By: John317
I liked and agreed with your post until you got into the subject of Boostra and David Koresh.

When are you going to tell what you disagree with? Did David Koresh actually say he was the incarnation of Christ? Where's the video or audio? Do you have this? Where's the evidence?

Where did Shawn Boonstra get his information? Maybe he just made it up. I guess that's what we must assume.

I think you owe me an explanation. You need to stop throwing poo in a person's face and then just running away. OK?

How did I do that, Rush? Is that what you feel I did when I said I liked what you said in your post until you got to the part about David Koresh and Boostra?

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

I said in another thread that I thought the most likely thing that happened at Waco was that they where sabotaged by the Jesuits. Too bad they never watched Jim Arrabito because they didn't want to be mainstream, or they could have discerned the spies among them and saved themselves.

So people scoff and mock like common scoffers and revilers. And you join them in pointing out how ridiculous my theory is.

The thing is none of these scorners ever even attempted to offer an alternative explanation except the belief that it was just a judgment of God. They never even bothered to do any research on the matter. They probably didn't even read all my posts. It's just easier to join the scoffers.

Everyone thought the John Huss and so many others where judged by God for heresy. Until later, when they where vindicated, as we see in this prophecy:

[color:#BF0000]Rev. 6:9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

6:10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

6:11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they [were], should be fulfilled.

These where all thought of, generally, as heretics at first:

[color:#BF0000]John 16:2 They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.

So they thought it was God's will for them to die, to contain the heresy. But then white robes are given. That represents vindication to the people on earth, not to God. Now the eyes of the public are open. Now they see that John Huss and William Tyndale and so many others where not actually dangerous heretics, but they taught the Bible, as they understood it, and where condemned falsely to cover the sins of the Papacy.

Now, no one has an excuse to take sides with the blood thirsty, power hungry Papacy. If they do, they share the blood, like Jesus said:

[color:#BF0000]Matt. 23:30 And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.

23:31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.

Now we vindicate all who suffered persecution by the Papacy. Even those we don't agree with, like the Calvinists, for instance. So you don't have to try to say I'm a Branch Davidian just because I say their murder was more of a martyrdom than a judgment from God. I do not endorse their message or their methods, but I will sure not take sides with the evil that murdered them in cold blood. They where murdered. The ATF was not there legitimately, and they did open fire, and they did destroy the evidence, and the ringleaders of this conspiracy did publish false reports to make them look like monsters.

So what do you disagree with? What's your explanation? If you think Shawn Boonstra was telling the truth, then where is the evidence? You need to be able to back up your statements with facts. If you don't have any facts, then just don't make any statements.

I know it's easier for you to believe there is no political corruption that even murders to cover for itself, and that there are no conspiracies and there are no secret societies and no fixed elections and no bribe taking and no monster corporations that oppress the people to enrich themselves, which have powerful men in office in their pockets. These corporations give millions of dollars of bribe money to Presidents and world leaders like a man pulls out some pocket change to give to a beggar.

I know that taking sides with the vast multitude of scoffers is the easiest thing to do.

Satan coming as Christ, and working with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in those who are binding themselves together in secret societies. Those who are yielding to the passion for confederation are working out the plans of the enemy. {8T 27.4}

Church members and priests and rulers will combine to organize secret societies to work in their land to whip, imprison, and destroy the lives of the colored race. History will be repeated. {SW 75.1}

Throughout Christendom, Protestantism was menaced by formidable foes. The first triumphs of the Reformation past, Rome summoned new forces, hoping to accomplish its destruction. At this time the order of the Jesuits was created, the most cruel, unscrupulous, and powerful of all the champions of popery. Cut off from earthly ties and human interests, dead to the claims of natural affection, reason and conscience wholly silenced, they knew no rule, no tie, but that of their order, and no duty but to extend its power. (See Appendix.) The gospel of Christ had enabled its adherents to meet danger and endure suffering, undismayed by cold, hunger, toil, and poverty, to uphold the banner of truth in face of the rack, the dungeon, and the stake. To combat these forces, Jesuitism inspired its followers with a fanaticism that enabled them to endure like dangers, and to oppose to the power of truth all the weapons of deception. There was no crime too great for them to commit, no deception too base for them to practice, no disguise too difficult for them to assume. Vowed to perpetual poverty and humility, it was their studied aim to secure wealth and power, to be devoted to the overthrow of Protestantism, and the re-establishment of the papal supremacy. {GC 234.2}

When appearing as members of their order, they wore a garb of sanctity, visiting prisons and hospitals, ministering to the sick and the poor, professing to have renounced the world, and bearing the sacred name of Jesus, who went about doing good. But under this blameless exterior the most criminal and deadly purposes were often concealed. It was a fundamental principle of the order that the end justifies the means. By this code, lying, theft, perjury, assassination, were not only pardonable but commendable, when they served the interests of the church. Under various disguises the Jesuits worked their way into offices of state, climbing up to be the counselors of kings, and shaping the policy of nations. They became servants to act as spies upon their masters. They established colleges for the sons of princes and nobles, and schools for the common people; and the children of Protestant parents were drawn into an observance of popish rites. All the outward pomp and display of the Romish worship was brought to bear to confuse the mind and dazzle and captivate the imagination, and thus the liberty for which the fathers had toiled and bled was betrayed by the sons. The Jesuits rapidly spread themselves over Europe, and wherever they went, there followed a revival of popery. {GC 235.1}

To give them greater power, a bull was issued re-establishing the inquisition. (See Appendix.) Notwithstanding the general abhorrence with which it was regarded, even in Catholic countries, this terrible tribunal was again set up by popish rulers, and atrocities too terrible to bear the light of day were repeated in its secret dungeons.

I just can't believe how people can be so skeptical and even mock and scoff after so many have died to expose the Jesuits. So I'll take up the torch and end up dead, and you won't even care that I died. What kind of friends are these? You'll go along with the popular report that it was an accident, or maybe even a judgment from God.

albertomurderic5.jpg

Well I especially like Shawn Boonstra and his "A Better Way to Live." They are very inspiring and encouraging on a daily basis.

I also know Shawn and Jean Boonstra personally. His family lived here in Abbotsford for years and his brother still lives here with his family. Shawn and Jean came into the church here in British Columbia and their conversion was very inspiring to all of us. God has really led in their lives and continues to do so.

So....if you don't agree with what he has to say about whatever, that's okay. People often disagree with what preachers say. The people who disagree just need to keep in mind that Satan is always looking to bring down what and whom ever he can. Once we start questioning this an that or whatever, then Satan gets a little foothold. So.....each one of us need to watch those footholds!

Well I especially like Shawn Boonstra and his "A Better Way to Live." They are very inspiring and encouraging on a daily basis.

• Moderators

The following related paragraphs are also on the It is Written site. What do you think of them?

Quote:
Disobedience

Obeying God is in our best interest. It's in the Bible, Deuteronomy 30:15-16, TLB. "Look, today I have set before you life and death, depending on whether you obey or disobey. I have commanded you today to love the Lord your God and to follow His paths and to keep His laws, so that you will live and become a great nation, and so that the Lord your God will bless you and the land you are about to possess." Dueteronomy 10:12,13, NIV says, "And now, O Israel, what does the Lord your God ask of you but to fear the Lord your God, to walk in all His ways, to love Him, to serve the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, and to observe the Lord's commands and decrees that I am giving you today for your own good?"

What do law, grace, and obedience have to do with each other? It's in the Bible, Romans 5:20, TLB. "The Ten Commandments were given so that all could see the extent of their failure to obey God's laws. But the more we see our sinfulness, the more we see God's abounding grace forgiving us."

Obedience can keep us from disease. It's in the Bible, Exodus 15:26, TLB. "If you will listen to the voice of the Lord your God, and obey it, and do what is right, then I will not make you suffer the diseases I sent on the Egyptians, for I am the Lord who heals you."

Obedience is the key to a successful life. It's in the Bible, Joshua 1:8, TLB. "Constantly remind the people about these laws, and you yourself must think about them every day and every night so that you will be sure to obey all of them. For only then will you succeed."

We will be evaluated in terms of our obedience to God's commandments. It's in the Bible, Matthew 5:19, TLB. "And so if anyone breaks the least commandment, and teaches others to, he shall be the least in the Kingdom of Heaven. But those who teach God's laws and obey them shall be great in the Kingdom of Heaven."

Obedience is a result of loving God. It's in the Bible, John 14:15 and 23, TLB. "If you love Me, obey Me; …Because I will only reveal Myself to those who love Me and obey Me. The Father will love them too, and we will come to them and live with them."

The Holy Spirit will only be given to those who obey the Lord. It's in the Bible, Acts 5:32, NIV. "We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey Him."

Jesus obeyed His Father, as an example of how we should obey Him. It's in the Bible, Hebrews 5:8-9, TLB. "And even though Jesus was God's Son, He had to learn from experience what it was like to obey, when obeying meant suffering. It was after He had proved himself perfect in this experience that Jesus became the Giver of eternal salvation to all those who obey Him."

God advises us to obey the laws of the land. It's in the Bible, Romans 13:1-2, TLB. "Obey the government, for God is the one who has put it there. There is no government anywhere that God has not placed in power. So those who refuse to obey the laws of the land are refusing to obey God, and punishment will follow."

Sometimes obedience to God and His law may require disobedience of earthly powers. It's in the Bible, Acts 5:29, NIV. "We must obey God rather than men!"

Children are to obey and honor their parents. It's in the Bible, Ephesians 6:1-3, TLB. "Children obey your parents; this is the right thing to do because God has placed them in authority over you. Honor your father and mother. This is the first of God's Ten Commandments that ends with a promise. And this is the promise: that if you honor your father and mother, yours will be a long life, full of blessing."

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Moderators

There is nothing wrong preferring one evangelist's style over the other. And it's a good thing they are all so different. We are made up of different personalities and characteristics which can be met through the speaker that meets our needs spiritually. We need all types to reach out to all types. God can use all to spread the gospel.

• Members

Paul asks, Is Christ divided [because of the church taking sides with one evangelist over another]?

What is the answer here????

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Moderators

There is nothing wrong preferring one evangelist's style over the other. And it's a good thing they are all so different. We are made up of different personalities and characteristics which can be met through the speaker that meets our needs spiritually. We need all types to reach out to all types. God can use all to spread the gospel.

Yes, that is all true. That was my point in writing what I did. Not sure if I made that plain or not.

• Moderators

Paul asks, Is Christ divided [because of the church taking sides with one evangelist over another]?

I don't think we're to that point yet, and I for one wouldn't want us to do that. But our human natures aren't any different from those of the Corinthians who Paul wrote his letter to.

Personally, I think John317 has been very diplomatic and Christlike in all his entries. I believe he is serious when it comes to spiritual matters...esp. topics that are close to his heart.

God bless you, John317.

Peace

Originally Posted By: Rudywoofs

I don't think we're to that point yet, and I for one wouldn't want us to do that. But our human natures aren't any different from those of the Corinthians who Paul wrote his letter to.

Maybe you didn't catch this. John is saying that I am not mature enough to know any better than to take sides with one evangelist over another, which is something that causes divisions. That's why I said he was hilarious for making such a suggestion.

It's OK if thinking that makes you feel better about yourself. But I never told you who baptized me. Obviously if some great, famous Apostle baptized you, you might think you are more special than other people that where baptized by the run-of-the-mill evangelist. That's an immature, superstitious, kind of thinking. That's what Paul was talking about.

These verses have nothing to do with any of this conversation. This one does:

[color:#BF0000]Ecc. 10:1 Dead flies cause the ointment of the apothecary to send forth a stinking savour: [so doth] a little folly him that is in reputation for wisdom [and] honour.

So I have expressed my indignation against the flies in the ointment. Paul probably would have done the same:

[color:#BF0000]Gal. 2:11 But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.

2:12 For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision.

2:13 And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation.

Now, the Papacy has done everything in their power to keep the public from having sympathy for the Davidians. The lies that where invented have been repeated by VOP and IIW ministries. Why? What agenda do they have to breath the stinking lies of the Papacy? Flies in the ointment. Stinking savor.

Look on Amazing Facts web site. Do a search for "Davidian", "Koresh", "Waco". What do you get? Nothing. That's because Amazing Facts has the Holy Spirit to warn them that it's not wise to go there.

And now people see that they have been duped by their government. The Branch Davidians where murdered. They didn't kill themselves. The fire wasn't an accident. They where murdered and the evidence was destroyed. And false witnesses where set up, who's testimonies don't match. A sensational story was given. Now people are starting to see, but IIW still clings to the same old fables that where a gift from her friend, the Papacy. Something interesting to talk about. Now we can join the cause to wipe out cults and standardize all mainstream churches to make them more evangelical, (that is ecumenical).

So being in a cult is the worse thing imaginable to IIW. But the time will come when you will have to decide if you want to be in a cult or deny Christ. Because all who remain faithful to Christ will be seen as a cult by the whole world, and hated and blamed for every bad thing that comes upon the world.

Now you guys are starting to say the Pope is really a good guy. Now he gets the glory for pardoning a guy on death row. What a set up. I don't care if he can raise the dead. He's still a liar and a mass murderer, and whoever takes the seat of the Pope is a most accursed soul.

[color:#BF0000]Luke 17:29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed [them] all.

17:30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

17:31 In that day, he which shall be upon the housetop, and his stuff in the house, let him not come down to take it away: and he that is in the field, let him likewise not return back.

17:32 Remember Lot's wife.

Come out of Babylon, and don't look back!

I heard a good sermon by Don Mackintosh today. I will put him on my favorite list.

From Folly to Faith: The Apostle Peter

I learned a few things from that guy.

Yesterday I heard a pretty good one by Mike Thomson.

The Compassionate Savior

I may as well put Mike Thomson at the bottom of my list. I was thinking about it before when I heard another good one by him.

• 4 weeks later...

Rush ... What do you think of Stephen Bohr as an evangelist?

Please answer before reading the below :

Tonight I am listening to Stephen Bohr on 3ABN. He talked about David Koresh and called him a wacko. And no that was not Waco. It was wacko.

Just curious about what you thought of him as an evangelist?

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

What do you think of Stephen Bohr as an evangelist?....

He's terrific. Do you listen to him very much?

What do you think of his sermons regarding the Sabbath, the Spirit of prophecy, and the end-times?

• Moderators

The following related paragraphs are also on the It is Written site. What do you think of them?

That's great, John. The translations is useless, though.

Thank you, Rush. What are your favorite translations of the Bible? Do you have one that you particularly enjoy or believe is the best?

Originally Posted By: Redwood
What do you think of Stephen Bohr as an evangelist?....

He's terrific. Do you listen to him very much?

What do you think of his sermons regarding the Sabbath, the Spirit of prophecy, and the end-times?

I do listen to him a great deal. I have purchased many of this CDs recently.

I have to confess that I liked him more a few years ago. But then perhaps it just depends more on the topic he is doing. For instance ... when he sticks to Bible Study ... I usually like him more. But when he does a topic like 'Mary' where he almost exclusively used EGW ... then ... I am not so appreciative of him.

I can't imagine him saying anything about the Sabbath that I would oppose.

I very much enjoyed the Sanctuary talk that I heard from him.

He brings a great perspective on the Great Controversy.

SOP ? I am not so sure I would appreciate his perspective on that topic. No.

But, like most preachers ... I take the good and throw out the bad. I don't have to like all that they say to appreciate them.

My local preacher has some good sermons ... would you like to hear her?

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Stephen Bohr is one of my very favorite speakers. He does not beat around the bush. I have heard him speak and have attended his seminars at GYC and other regional GYCs several times. He is what I would consider a "present truth" speaker...not just a "pleasant truth" or a "precious truth" speaker.

His Sabbath sermon which I heard on God keeping the first Sabbath was a thought provoking one for me.

A very dynamic speaker, Stephen Bohr is not at all boring.

• Moderators

My local preacher has some good sermons ... would you like to hear her?

Yes, I would. Post anything by her.

• Moderators

Yes, a sister of mine likes him very much too. She's sending me a lot of his tapes, which I look forward to listening to.