ClubAdventist is back!

Who are your favorite evangelists?

rush4hire

Rush ... What do you think of Stephen Bohr as an evangelist?

Please answer before reading the below :

Tonight I am listening to Stephen Bohr on 3ABN. He talked about David Koresh and called him a wacko. And no that was not Waco. It was wacko.

Just curious about what you thought of him as an evangelist?

Stephen Bohr is a fine evangelist. Very knowledgeable and somewhat insightful. I have listened to quite a bit of his material. He seems to dwell on issues that I feel are not important at all. I decided not to include him on my favorites list.

http://www.loudcry.org/main/audio/Stephen_Bohr/index.shtml

I have not heard him say anything about the Waco tragedy.

Whatever Koresh did or taught really has nothing to do with the points that I have been trying to make. I will try again to sum those points up:

1. That Waco siege needs to be understood for what it was, a momentous occasion in U.S. history, where our Federal Government used our Bill of Rights for toilet paper. We the People are responsible to say something about that.

2. We can not justify the murder of innocent men, women, and children.

3. We must not go along with this hate propaganda against new religious and political movements, calling them "cults". Let those groups do whatever they feel they have to do. It is unconstitutional for our Government to call any religious group a "cult", and it is very bad if they pass a bill "cult-like" behavior, (as they define it), makes a person or a group a "threat", and warrants a forfeiture of their constitutional rights. That's the same kind of thinking that caused the Inquisitions. We are too advanced for that.

http://www.spirituallysmart.com/CAN.html

4. The media lies to us. So don't accept what you hear on the news as fact, until you have dome some research. There's no excuse for such laziness in research, in this "information age". We are not allowed to publish a false report:

[color:#BF0000]Exo. 23:1 Thou shalt not raise a false report: put not thine hand with the wicked to be an unrighteous witness.

23:2 Thou shalt not follow a multitude to [do] evil; neither shalt thou speak in a cause to decline after many to wrest [judgment]:

23:7 Keep thee far from a false matter; and the innocent and righteous slay thou not: for I will not justify the wicked.

5. The burning of the Waco church was not a judgment of God.

[color:#BF0000]Rev. 13:11 another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

13:13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

13:14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by [the means of] those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast;

The lamb-like beast is the U.S.

According to human wisdom, (in the sight of men), this beast is calling fire down from heaven. That's the judgments of God:

[color:#BF0000]Rev. 20:9 And they .... compassed the camp of the saints about .... and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

Jude 1:7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha ... are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

2 Kings 1:10 And Elijah answered ... If I [be] a man of God, then let fire come down from heaven, and consume thee and thy fifty. And there came down fire from heaven, and consumed him and his fifty.

Luke 9:54 ..they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?

9:55 But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.

We must not confuse the judgments of the United States with the judgments of God.

I cant make a sig with 30 chrs

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John317

• Woody

• rush4hire

• olger

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Peter Greogary,

I also like Mark Finly (ohhh anyone can help me with his second name spelling?)

The rules of life

- Love and serve God

- Remember choices, not circumstances, determine the flavor of our lives

- Live each day so that you'll never be afraid of tomorrow nor ashamed of yesterday

The best series that I've been to was by Russell Burrill. But that was before he got attacked by a student.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Never heard of Rusell Burrill,

He must be meant to those students..or else why he was attacked!

The rules of life

- Love and serve God

- Remember choices, not circumstances, determine the flavor of our lives

- Live each day so that you'll never be afraid of tomorrow nor ashamed of yesterday

He was a professor at Andrews Seminary when he was stabbed. It wasn't at the evangelistic series.

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

Never heard of Rusell Burrill,

He must be meant to those students..or else why he was attacked!

Here's some stuff on him

http://www.google.com/search?q=russell+burrill&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

It looks like you'll have to copy and paste, sorry

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

Cool. They even have a mug shot of the Seminarian who attacked Burrill and the police officer.

But, I can't see if Romana Baciu had to serve time in Jail or not. What was the result of his trial. Does anybody know? And did Russell Burrill have to testify?

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Bohr is excellent.

My wife can't stand his high-pitchedf squeeky voice. For some reason she calls him "Fosdick". I think he would greatly improve if he readf what EGW had to say about public speaking.

Bohr can be really good when he sticks to a Bible Study.

What I don't like is when his entire presentation is just Ellen White quotes. Since he started doing that ... I've shut him off.

I believe in Hematology.

• 2 years later...
  • Moderators

Is Wayne Dyer an evangelist? Or Taoist?

My favorite evangelists are:

Doug Batchelor,

Joe Cruz

HMS Richards, Sr.,

L.E. Tucker (the Quiet Hour),

W.D. Frazee,

Kenneth Cox,

Shawn Boonstra,

and Gary Gibbs

Remove L.E. Tucker from that list.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

I've never heard of Stephen Bohr before. I'd be afraid to listen to him though. He might bohr me to death....:)

Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote:
Bohr can be really good when he sticks to a Bible Study.

What I don't like is when his entire presentation is just Ellen White quotes. Since he started doing that ... I've shut him off.

Guess if God were to raise anyone else up to speak for Him in these last days, you wouldn't be accepting them either, would you?

"Moses continued, “The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your fellow Israelites. You must listen to him." Deuteronomy 18:15 NLT

Bible scholars seem to agree this was speaking of Jesus and was part of the Torah or Talmud, the only bible available at the time Jesus was crucified. They didn't like who Jesus sent for their welfare either.

God cares! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

• Members
I've never heard of Stephen Bohr before. I'd be afraid to listen to him though. He might bohr me to death....:)
I doubt that joeb. I say that for two reasons. 1-he has a high pitched voice, and 2-He has such a vast amount of knowledge of the Bible and SOP. He's more of a lecturer than a speaker.

phkrause

• Members
Bohr is the most thorough scholar/teacher we have in this church.
thumbsup

phkrause

My favourite evangelists are: Doug Batchelor, David Assherick, Stephen Bohr, CD Brooks, Carlton Byrd, Walter Veith, Alejandro Bullon, and HMS Richards Jr.

I saw what you did there....

Blessings,

"As iron sharpens iron, so also does one man sharpen another" - Proverbs 27:17

"The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings

"Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway" - John Wayne

"The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan

• Administrators

Quote:
Now let me also ask to myself:

"Why are you a Seventh-Day Adventist? Are there any distinctive Biblical messages God has given to the church for this time?" and "What is your responsibility to tell to the world?"

i am watching this conflict unfold not only here, but in my community, in my church, and in the various churches in the valley where i live.

we are dependent on the power of the Holy Spirit to bring home truth to the heart to convert the soul.

i recognize humanity and sin in myself and in humanity in every camp and from every position on this conflict in the church.

there are people i love on both sides of this concern of liberal and conservative, it sounds like obedience vs mercy, legalism vs evangelical, conservative and holiness versus apostasy. Oh wow it gets incredible.

i think these differentiation's are not righteous before God.

everyone stands condemned before God. whether you are gentile or Jew, whether you are pharisee or prostitute, whether you are raving Pentecostal, or holy vegan Revelation's studying SDA.

we are all nothing but sinful before God, all our righteous is as filthy rages. when we see this, and we know our only claim on God is his mercy to the unworthy, and we all are unworthy... then we reach for Grace and we can across the board reach for every sinner, just the same. we lose those distinctions between groups, and conclude everyone the same, equally in need of the power of God to save them.

but it is very difficult to reach out to someone who is holy and so righteous, and does not want to be reached out to, because they have already arrived. and when they are failing to represent God, and are condemned they have a hard time because they are not comfortable realizing that in them dwelleth no good thing to start with, and we have all the blessings of the Holy Spirit by faith in the first place. we are all wretched and sinful at the baseline, equally so. God dwells in us by faith, not by right, and not by knowledge, and not by nature, not by privilege, and not by education, and not even by experience, but by faith and faith alone. everyone across the board has equal access. position and privilege do not gain you an advantage, only greater responsibility.

all the knowledge and experience, and wisdom, and self sacrifice are nothing if you do not have Love for God and love for your fellow man that lives in your heart by faith.

sigh... i am at it again...

1 Corinthians 13.

deb

Love awakens love.

Let God be true and every man a liar.

there are people i love on both sides of this concern of liberal and conservative, it sounds like obedience vs mercy, legalism vs evangelical, conservative and holiness versus apostasy. Oh wow it gets incredible.

i think these differentiation's are not righteous before God.

everyone stands condemned before God. whether you are gentile or Jew, whether you are pharisee or prostitute, whether you are raving Pentecostal, or holy vegan Revelation's studying SDA.

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

sigh... i am at it again...

1 Corinthians 13.

Just what are you "at again"? bwink

Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.
Alexis de Tocqueville

• Administrators

I listened to Stephen Bohr once, but he seemed to me to be too hard-core. I should try him again, perhaps.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.