ClubAdventist is back!

Court Date

Woody

I had asked for your prayers so that I could make it to my court date on 9-11. Well ... just a few hours before ... it got cancelled. I was on jury duty. With my disability I just didn't know how I could do it. But I wanted to experience this life experience. I even had my doctor write a note to the judge asking that accommodations be made for me.

I am still on the list for jury duty for the next two months. Not sure I will get to have the experience but if able I would like to. As the weeks go by and the weather gets colder ... my condition also declines. So, if I am going to be able to do it ... it needs to be soon.

Anyway ... God willing ....

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

That's what that was all about. Now I know.

I'm glad for you. I have to go once a year, and a few years ago I had to serve on a jury for about 2 weeks. So I know something of what you mean.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Thanks John317.

And no. It wasn't because of my poppies as Neil's storys might imply.

Thanks Neil. Enjoyed them all.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• 2 weeks later...

I am just now seeing this. Thank goodness you were on the jury; I thought you had to go in front of the judge. Whew!

Because of my kids, I always get excused. And for some reason they don't want a blind man on the jury. I have yet, to figure out why.

Well, if you really want to serve, I hope that you get called again soon.

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.