ClubAdventist is back!

Would You Rather Have...

Jeannieb43

• Moderators

Would you rather have as President a man who graduated magna cum laude from Harvard Law School?

or a man who graduated fifth from the bottom of his class in Naval flight school?

What they do in college tells you a lot about how they'll deal with national crises facing them as President.

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

That's an interesting comparison. I don't think your analysis goes far enough, though. I see it in terms of, would I rather have someone intimately knowledgeable about constitutional law, or someone who is a pilot and knows little about the economy. Would I rather have someone who obviously has a brain and uses it, or someone who has an appreciation for war and sees foreign affairs through military eyes.

I don't think a person's grades in college necessarily indicate how successful the person will be. A lot has to do with drive, determination and ambition. McCain was a captain in the Navy. That is the same rank as a full-bird colonel in the Army. That doesn't happen because of book-knowledge. That is major leadership responsibilities and experience.

I am not one that will endorse McCain. I am still undecided. But the Obama side doesn't want to make the argument that Obama is more qualified because they will lose that argument every day all day long. Obama appears to have character and his position on the issues is better for some voters than McCain's position on the issues. He may even make a better President than McCain but not because he is or was more qualified. He is young and has very little experience.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Moderators

"Qualified" does not equal "time in grade."

There are so many intangibles which go to make up "qualified." Many of which are undetectible to the uninitiated.

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

Republicans, particularly those in the religious and gun community, are a bit less ed-u-ma-cated. They don't know how to handle a kind decent intellectual...for example, Gore...they couldn't handle him, as they didn't understand him. And let's face it, geeks are terrible politicians...

But there is a lot of similarity to these same republicans and an abused woman...She can't handle someone who is kind to her. She cann't stand it. It's charity to her...and we all have OuR PrIdE. So, when an intellectual shares some things with her, she rejects him, and runs to the only thing she knows- her abuser, who is the repentant, and oh-so-sorry individual who promises her anything if she will come back to him and promises that everything will be ok once she is back to him...Only once she is back with him, she gets beaten again...and again....and again...and again....

Obama is the intellectual. and he is leading you to another life....Don't get abused again with the same ol' tactics that the Republican swift boaters are employing....Listen again to what is being said....carefully compare what is said to how you are....If hope is something you want to see grow to fruition, then give Obama a chance....

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

"Qualified" does not equal "time in grade."

There are so many intangibles which go to make up "qualified." Many of which are undetectible to the uninitiated.

Is this like to say, he is so qualified words cannot describer it?

Running an all volunteer organization sucessfully is so much more harder than a paid organization....There, the CEO tells subordinate what to do, and they in turn do the same...until the job is done...

Not so in a volunteer organization...If your subordinates don't like what you are doing, they just don't do it..

Running the country from the Presidency will be a snap. Obama is overqualified for the job...McCain is part of the problem...he's no solution...

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Just a small note to the Christians that may be here: Obama supports 1. Same sex unions, and uses the Sermon on the Mount to defend it, 2. Abortion at any time, and if it's botched and the baby lives, they're not to give it medical treatment, 3. Thinks children as young as 5 should be taught sex ed. Don't forget that he sat under an insane racist preacher for 20 years.

Have you heard what he said about the Bible?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaNXqZGDYWc

Take from the rich, and give to the lazy. Obama 08!

I don't think there is much difference between Obama and McCain in regard to welfare programs and what many consider wealth redistribution. If Obama is "take from the rich, and give to the lazy" I would have to say the same thing about McCain. (but I don't believe either should be characterized that way)

Just a small note to the Christians that may be here: Obama supports 1. Same sex unions, and uses the Sermon on the Mount to defend it, 2. Abortion at any time, and if it's botched and the baby lives, they're not to give it medical treatment, 3. Thinks children as young as 5 should be taught sex ed. Don't forget that he sat under an insane racist preacher for 20 years.

Tallmark,

You may be an anti-abortionist. You may believe that Obama supports same sex unions. YOu may believe that that Obama wants children as young as 5 years of age to be taught sex education...

What you don't know is that you are totally mistaken and have been listening to lies brought you by people who know better. If you want better information, I suggest that you get it from the source, and not regurgitated claptrap from pseudo-religionists.

George Bernard Shaw

• Moderators

Originally Posted By: Tallmark

Tallmark,

......What you don't know is that you are totally mistaken and have been listening to lies brought you by people who know better. If you want better information, I suggest that you get it from the source, and not regurgitated claptrap from pseudo-religionists.

Give us your understanding of what Obama said in the attached video clip.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Quote:

Give us your understanding of what Obama said in the attached video clip.

Taken out of context....and they inserted thier views of what they thought. Pure propoganda for the bigoted religious right.

George Bernard Shaw

All:

Only magna cum laude? one wonders, given that Obama was under the wing of the loosey-goosey ‘constitutionalist’ Laurence Tribe, mentor, at Harvard, that he had not attained to the higher honours – maxima, summa, or egregia...

Having had Tribe as mentor in the Harvard Law School would have been Big Mojo.

McCain scored 128-133 on Intelligence Quotient tests. –Alexander, Man of the People, 207.

Only 10% of the people have an IQ over 120. An IQ between 125 and 132 represents the mental acuity of any Ph. D.

(“McCain came into conflict with higher-ranking personnel, he did not always obey the rules, and that contributed to a low class rank (894 of 899) despite a strong intelligence.”)

He displayed even then that he was his own man, the independant, the Maverick, if you will... bwink

Lastly, it is hardly arguable that Annapolis holds to more rigorous standards than do our Universities.

Shane:

>>If Obama is "take from the rich, and give to the lazy" I would have to say the same thing about McCain.<<

And of course you’re able to verify your statement. Okay, feel free to proceed...

Neil D:

>>You may be an anti-abortionist. You may believe that Obama supports same sex unions. YOu may believe that that Obama wants children as young as 5 years of age to be taught sex education...<<

It is not as important that Tallmark believes, but that Obama believes... which he does, in spades!

I heard him say these things, I saw him say them. What more do you want? Am I being disrespectful to your messiah?

You heard who say what?

What is your source and is it creditable?

George Bernard Shaw