ClubAdventist is back!

HELP! I need a church

lilmogirl2267

Please pray that a church will be established in Childress, TX. The nearest church is 60 Miles away. With gas prices the way they are and the economy going down the tubes, we just can't afford 120 mi. a week trip to church. We're on a limited fixed income. We moved here to Childress in Sept. 2007. and I haven't been to a SDA church since before we moved here from Oregon. I'm feeling very spiritually drained because I have no church. I am doing what I can, though, and that's all I can do.

I've contacted the president of the Texaco conference and he said he would get the church in Amarillo to help me get something going but it is going very slow. Please help me pray for something to happen soon.

I don't just want a church here because of me though, I want a church here to further the gospel of Christ in Childress. I want to help people understand the truth about the Sabbath and the second coming of Christ and how the end time is really going to happen.

Also please pray for my new Bible study site that it will draw people to the Lord.

Thea

See my home page

• Administrators

How about a home church or Bible study?

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Something to think about - people have been walking into SDA churches in droves just based on mailers advertising a series on prophecy.

You can get the mailers from Amazing facts etc -- and if you have 3ABN you can get the upcomming evangelistic program late Oct.

You can also get videos.

Start a home study group -

You can also join a sunday church for Sunday School and look for one that is really good discussion and topics. Christians are Christians.

in Christ,

Bob

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

Hello everyone thanks for the support. Childress is the next biggest town south of Amarillo (110 miles away). Going to the east the next biggest town is Vernon (60 miles away) then Wichita Falls and Dallas/Ft. Worth. All of the towns between Childress and Amarillo, and Childress ane Vernon are much smaller then Childress. So Childress would be the more likely place. I have been in contact with the Texaco conference and they are trying to help me. At least for now my church membership is going to be moved to the conference church so it won't get lost or revoked. I have also been in touch with the Amarillo church. They said they have talked about doing an evangelistic series here in Childress in the past. Now that they know that I'm here, maybe that will give them the incentive to move ahead with it and come to Childress and help me establish a church. Please keep this in your prayers.

Also, I am planing to go out today and put up some pull tab fliers offering Bible studies. I have plenty of Bible studies to share with people. I even have the Amazing Facts Prophecy Seminar teachers CD with the actual seminar slides that the evangelist would show to seminar participants. Please pray that God will send people to me. Prayer can solve a lot of issues, especially when the issue is doing God's will. The more prayers I can get on this issue the better. Thanks

Thea

Thea

See my home page

Thea.

Do you need any fiancial support?

Is there any way our family here could help you financially?

I don't know if I am able to ask about that on this forum ... but if not I guess it can get edited. But it would be nice if we as a church could adopt you and your effort. Just dreamin.

RED

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Hello Everyone,

I have good news. I just, today, got an email from the Amarillo Church. It's not official yet, but there may be an evangelistic series coming to Childress after the first of the year. Amarillo is doing one right now, for Amarillo. The lay pastor that I have been keeping in touch with said that they wouldn't be able to do anything until after the first of the year, but nothings in stone yet.

Red, I don't know what you can do help, except just keep it in your prayers. Specifically ask God for an evangelistic series in Childress, now that we know for sure that Amarillo wants to help. The lay pastor suggested that I can hand out Amazing Facts or Voice of Prophecy Bible study cards, that they will supply, then the recipients would be sending to Amarillo, though. I asked if there was something that I could do to get a little more involved. But what? I don't know. I know that handing out the cards would be an important first step, but I'd like to give Bible studies as well. Just keep helping me pray about it. If there is anything else I can think of, that you could help me, I'll just ask. Okay?

Thea

Thea

See my home page

• 2 months later...