ClubAdventist is back!

Prayer is needed - Yet again.

Jaycee

I've been hesitant in posting a request for prayer again, i look around and see that a lot of people are experiencing problems in their lives too. And it makes me feel selfish.

But I'm going to anyway 'coz prayer is needed!

My name is Josh and My friend is Angie.

Previously, I requested prayer for Angie because she was getting into this Pentecostal mob that really hammered her with misinterpretations of the Bible. She got baptized into there Church and was on a real high. But shortly after she started to understand things and left that group. I thank God for answering my prayer.

We were certain Angie had a mental illness and were sure that Angie was going to eventually, hit a low in her life, just as she had a hit a high.

She has now hit that low and has moved to another city to live with her real mum that has a similar issue as Angie. Angie just walked away from everyone that has ever cared about her and said to me she doesn't want to be a christian anymore. I'm really scared for her and i know sooner or later something is going to happen and she's going to have to make a choice in her life.

I've done all I can do to help Angie and God is the only one who can help her now.

I'd ask you all to prayer for Angie, so when that time comes she will be able to make the right decision.

I'd also like some prayer too, I'm having a tough time coping, I've been depressed about it all and trying my hardest to keep my mind off it.

I thank-you all lots. I know I'm not really a regular but I'm really happy i found this forum. It really has helped me in my walk.

Regards,

Coulsty

If it's too loud then you must be too old.

• Administrators

Coulsty, I just saw this. Please do not ever feel hesitant to post a request for prayer again!

Do you have an update on your friend?

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the prayers and encouragement!

An update on things:

I'm not sure how Angie is going as I haven't spoken to her for a while and I don't know whether it is the right thing to do or not, but I just want to totally forget about her for now. I haven't been to Church for since Angie left and the general consensus is that I only ever went there coz Angie was there. Though I have had a lot of encouragement from a select few at church and have literally been ordered by my church pastor to get out of town. Serious Lol. He knows that if I stay in this hole town any longer I'm just going to wither away to nothing. The truth is, however, I haven't been to church because Angie hasn't been there, it's not because I want to see her there, but because it reminds me of her and as i said, I'm trying to rid my mind of Angie completely. So for the past month and a bit, I sit at home on Saturdays watching 3ABN or listening to suitable music on max volume.

I'm still doing studies with the (head?) elder of our church - Seriously, he's a top bloke, I mean SERIOUSLY, one of the most genuine, balanced guys I've ever known. I told him about this place and he's keen to sign up here and I said I'd teach him how to use a forum. Even though he's like 65>, he is quite the brain.

So yeh, my current plans are to study Nursing at Avondale College next year - pending the results of my Tertiary education entrance test, which I am yet to do. XD

If it's too loud then you must be too old.

• Members

Will keep praying for you. Just remember that God loves you always.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Administrators

You know, Coulsty, that you have a church family HERE :)

We are thankful you are here and have shared with us your concern for Angie.

I hope you keep us updated on your plans for Avondale

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.