ClubAdventist is back!

Jere Patzer

Stan

Yes I just heard that a few hours ago. So very very sad. He was an incredible man who was dedicated to the Lord with a passion for sharing the gospel. My heart goes out to his family!

October 27, 2008

From the Desk of Don C. Schneider. . . .

Feel free to share this information.

We deeply regret to inform you that our friend and colleague Jere

Patzer passed away in Jesus Sunday evening (October 26). Sunday morning

he felt considerably weaker than the past few days. Sue contacted the

doctor and it was agreed that Jere go in to be hydrated. By the time

they arrived at the hospital his condition had further deteriorated and

an infection was discovered to have developed in his lungs. Although the

doctors began immediate aggressive treatment, because of Jere’s

compromised immune system due to recent chemo they were not able to stem

the infection. Jere fell asleep in Jesus surrounded by loved ones.

A memorial service is being planned and we will send further details as

they become available. The family has asked that in lieu of flowers

donations be made through the North Pacific Union Conference to:

Maranatha’s One-Day Church Project

International Children’s Care

Cindy

Cindy Stewart

Executive Assistant to the President

North Pacific Union Conference

(Adventist Northwest Headquarters)

Phone: 360-857-7010

Fax: 360-857-857-7110

E-mail: cindy.stewart@nw.npuc.org

Address:

5709 N 20th St

Ridgefield, WA 98642

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

• Moderators

I'm very sorry to hear this. I didn't know Jere personally but I did know his brother, Roger, who was a pastor of the Berkeley church.

What a difference it makes when you can have confidence that someone is asleep in Jesus!

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Moderators

I'm sorry to hear this.

Jere grew up in West Virginia while his dad was conference president there, and where some close relatives of mine had him in Pathfinders.

[i don't think he had any brothers or sisters.... at least not close to his own age, anyway.]

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

Arrangements have been made for a public memorial service celebrating the life and ministry of Dr. Jere Patzer, who passed away late Sunday evening.

The service will be held Saturday, November 15, at 3:00 p.m. in the Meadow Glade Seventh-day Adventist Church, 11001 NE 189th Street, Battle Ground, WA 98604.

The family will hold their own private interment service at Mt. Hope Cemetery in College Place, Wash. well before the memorial.

Cards and messages of condolence should be sent to the Patzer family in care of Cindy Stewart, North Pacific Union Conference, 5709 N. 20th Street, Ridgefield, WA 98642, or via email: cindy.stewart@nw.npuc.org. Additional information is available at the NPUC web site, www.npuc.org.

October 27, 2008 – [Ridgefield, WA] – With deep sadness we share the news that Jere D. Patzer, North Pacific Union Conference president since 1996, passed away late Sunday evening, October 26, after a long battle with

non-Hodgkins lymphoma. He was 61.

While Jere had been challenged in recent days by increasing side effects of his chemotherapy treatment, he felt considerably weaker on Sunday morning and was taken to the hospital for hydration. Doctors there discovered an infection developing in his lungs and began immediate and aggressive treatment. Partially because of Jere’s compromised immune system due to recent chemotherapy, medical personnel were unable to stem the infection. Jere fell asleep in Jesus surrounded by loved ones.

Born in Bozeman, Montana, November 24, 1946, Jere Patzer graduated from Atlantic Union College in 1969 with degrees in Business Administration and Religion. He pastored in the New York and Pennsylvania conferences before moving into conference leadership, directing youth ministries for the Pennsylvania, Oregon and North Pacific Union Conferences. In 1982 he moved to the Upper Columbia Conference headquartered in Spokane, Wash., serving as executive secretary for three years. He was elected president of that conference in 1985, a position he held until 1996, when he accepted the presidency of the North Pacific Union, the Northwest headquarters within North America for the Seventh-day Adventist Church.

Throughout his professional journey, Jere added an M.B.A. and also a Doctor of Ministry degree. At the time of his death, he was also serving as chair of the Adventist Health board of directors and the Walla Walla University board. He authored four books published by the Pacific Press. He was well known throughout the world for his commitment to evangelism, personally conducting major series on nearly every major continent.

Jere is survived by his wife, Sue, who serves as the NPUC director of women’s ministries; son, Darin, manager of KEEH radio in Spokane; son, Troy, principal of Upper Columbia Academy in Spangle, Wash. principal; daughter, Carissa, of Boise, Id.; and father, Arthur, of College Place, Wash.

A memorial service is planned, although exact date and location details have not yet been finalized. This information will be sent out as it becomes available. The family has asked that in lieu of flowers, donations be made in care of the North Pacific Union Conference, 5709 N. 20th Street, Ridgefield, WA 98642, to either Maranatha’s One Day Church Project or International Children’s Care.

Updated information will be placed online as it becomes available at www.npuc.org.