ClubAdventist is back!

The trashing of Sarah Palin

If Ms Palin, like me, reads her news online more often than not, she could have said that. The bottom line is that she needs to know about the world, and she was not able to answer a simple question about how she finds out about the world. The answer, as every politician knows, is not delineated by the question. She was not limited to talking about newspapers and magazines. The question was about how she learns about the world, and she failed to answer it convincingly.

Look, it's fairly simple: can you think of any other reason why the campaign refused to allow her to confront the press, except that it felt she was not prepared? Whatever you want to say about Obama and experience/preparation, he was accessible to the press and talking to the press, and doing so credibly. Palin, for all her vaunted experience, was being actively shielded from the press: and the press is the public's only means of deciding whether a candidate deserves the position.

That's Mrs. Palin, to you.

oG

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dr. Shane

• Bravus

• jasd

• Neil D

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

In her Greta van Susteren interview...."Palin also denied the report that she was unaware Africa is a continent." thinking

When you are at a place where you have to issue this kind of denial then you have work to do.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

She came off very well in her interview with Greta Van Susteren. It became clear that these rumors were just gossip and how irresponsible some parts of the media have been in their way of reporting it. The original FOXNews reporter that broke the story said the "story" isn't that Palin didn't know Africa was a country or what countries were in NAFTA. The "story" is that GOP staffers in the McCain campaign were making such outrageous accusations. The whole thrust of the story was to report on the internal tension in the campaign.

Palin pointed out that as governor she has overseen aid to Darfur which is part of Sudan - a country in Africa. As governor she has also worked extensively with both Canada and Mexico as trading partners in NAFTA. The idea that she somehow didn't know these things after having first hand experience with them is ridiculous.

Palin also explained the blank looks with some of the questions she was asked in interviews. Her handlers, which she did not choose, had her entirely scripted and she was told that she was not to vary from the script. Well, when she was asked a question that she was not scripted for, she didn't know how to answer without getting in trouble with the GOP staffers. Toward the end of the campaign she started to answer questions the way she wanted to and that is when she was accused of going rogue.

And she made a point about her clothing. She didn't ask for any of the clothing. The RNC bought all the clothing for her. She never stepped foot in one of the stores where the clothing came from. And most importantly, the media never focused on the clothing of other candidates which cries out sexism. Focusing on the clothing a woman wears makes her look shallow which is the image the media was trying to feed into.

Now please, if anyone is going to comment on Palin, at least let us know if you watched the interview with Greta Van Susteran and not just parts of it as reported by other news outlets.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Hey, I am being take out on a spin, aka drive in the country...and lead where I need to go to see things in a new light.....

I have seen the interviews with my own eyes....

Don't deny my own observations. We can make our own judgements and don't need that utra republican garbage .....again...

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw