ClubAdventist is back!

What kind of Dog for Obama?

Woody

My vote is a female disabled one.

What is your vote?

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

I remember reading somewhere that Mrs Obama told an interviewer they were going to look for a dog at the animal shelter.

That would be nice - to rescue a dog rather than buying from a breeder.

I know there are those here who are determined not to see anything good in the new President-elect and his family, but I have heard that anyone who is good with children and animals is generally a person of good character.

aldona

www.asrc.org.au

(Asylum Seeker Resource Centre, Melbourne)

Helping over 2000 refugees & asylum seekers each month

IMSLP/Petrucci Music Library

The Public Domain Music Score Library - Free Sheet Music Downloads

Looking for classical sheet music? Try IMSLP first!

I've heard that many are happy with his character but not with his judgment and policies.

I believe in Hematology.

First of all, I hope they're getting a dog for the right reasons--because they love dogs and want to get one to be a member of their family. I'm not saying that they're not getting a dog for that reason, because hopefully they are. But I know people who are in the public eye will sometimes do things just to make themselves look good, and that's definitely not a good reason to get a dog. Besides that, a lot of people in general (whether they're in the public eye or not) will get a pet and then get tired of it after a while and give it away because they're not fully committed to taking care of it. For example, I got my dog from an animal shelter, and they told me that he had previously been adopted and then brought back a week later. I don't think anyone should get a pet unless they're fully committed to taking care of it and loving it.

Anyway, assuming the Obamas are getting a dog for the right reason, I think they should get one from an animal shelter. There are lots of great dogs there, and they're just waiting for someone to take them home and love them. The Obamas could give a homeless dog a loving home, and it might encourage other people to adopt dogs (or cats) from animal shelters. After all, when people found out that Benji was from an animal shelter, lots of people started adopting dogs from shelters.

A Black Lab of course !! Duh..

Mixed race only though.

I believe in Hematology.