ClubAdventist is back!

Who sings this song?

LynnDel

• Moderators

Here's a little quiz for you. In what movie do you find the following song? Who sings it (hint is found in the ssspelling), to whom, and under what circumstances? What lesson is there for us in this part of the story?

Trussst in me, jussst in me

Shut your eyes and trussst in me

You can sssleep sssafe and sssound

Knowing I am around.

Ssslip into sssilent ssslumber

Sssail on a sssilvery missst

Ssslowly and surely your sssenssses

Will ccceassse to resissst.

Trussst in me, jussst in me

Shut your eyes and trussst in me.

LD

The movie is "The Jungle Book", the singer was Kaa the python, and the circumstances was that he had Mowgli in his coils, and was trying to get him either in a trance or asleep so that the snake could eat him.

Our lesson for us?

To be wary of things that could hurt us, not let it lull us into complacency(sp?).

Do I get a cookie?

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.

• Moderators

Good job, Liz. You have earned a whole cookie sheet full of cookies!

For some reason that song has been in my head recently. When I was 14, I had a job doing medical transcription, and my little brother appended his voice on the end of the doctor's dictation, singing that song. Too bad I didn't keep the tape - I could have blackmailed him with it during those years when blackmail would have been handy.

LD

LD

Wow, I can just hear Satan speaking through the serpent

whissspering and hisssing sssoftly to unsssussspecting Eve...

"Trussst in me, jussst in me

Shut your eyes and trussst in me"

"Ssslowly and surely your sssenssses

Will ccceassse to resissst."

• Moderators

That's exactly what I was thinking, Peace, and that the serpent continues his hypnotic appeal to the senses with us everyday. He didn't stop with Eve.

LD

....the serpent continues his hypnotic appeal to the senses with us everyday. He didn't stop with Eve.

"And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world...." Revelation 12:9 KJV

"If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." John 15:19 KJV

"I have given to them Thy word, and the world did hate them, because they are not of the world, as I am not of the world;"

John 17:14 YLT

"For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe." 1 Corinthians 1:21 KJV

"In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them." 2 Corinthians 4:4 KJV

"Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ." Colossians 2:8 KJV

"

Listen, my beloved brethren: Has God not chosen the poor of this world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom which He promised to those who love Him?" James 2:5 NKJV

Blessings! peace

Lift Jesus up!!