ClubAdventist is back!

Be Thankful You Have a Job!

Jeannieb43

Jeannie, you're a lawyer....Isn't there a law that says that a worker can sue the employer for potiential wages if that same worker leaves a job and goes to work for the prospective employer only to have him fire the worker within a short period [ie probationary period?]? Wouldn't this be concidered a sort of entrapment?

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Not if it is "at-will employment". If he had a contract or is a member of a union he may have recourse. He could argue that he had an "implied contract" but that would take money that he obviously doesn't have.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Members

Also if the employer has stated that they don't do relocation. I have been out of work now for 8 months and all but the Federal jobs that I have applied for and sent resumes to have indicated that if I got the job I would have to move myself.

pk

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

I've thought about all this. They currently have me working a late shift that requires me to work 2 hours into the sabbath on Friday nights. These days the sun sets at 5:30pm, and I have to work til 7:30pm.

I prayed for twenty years but received no answer until I prayed with my legs.

Frederick Douglass

Kountzer, don't you have a state job? If so, isn't it unionized? If it is you should speak with your union rep. If not, you can ask your pastor to speak with your boss about it. He may or a conference official will. They have to give it off because of a civil rights law that the Supreme Court has ruled in our favor on.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity