ClubAdventist is back!

The Worst President Ever!

Dr. Shane

He used the RMS Lusitania to illegally sell arms to the British.

He signed the The Federal Reserve Act. "...passed Congress in late 1913 on a mostly partisan basis, with most Democrats in support and most Republicans against it."

He had a PhD in political science and was President of Princeton University, governor of New Jersey and son of a Presbyterian pastor who defended slavery and owned slaves.

He won the Presidency with 42% of the vote due to it being a three-way race.

He supported race segregation and reversed race advancements made by earlier Presidents.

He was re-elected with the slogan "He kept us out of the war" only to lead the US into WW1.

He trampled on the right of free speech with Espionage Act of 1917 and Sedition Act of 1918.

His face is on the $100,000 bill which was issued in 1934 during the Great Depression.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Members

Morally for sure, but other than that I think he will go down as one of the best.

pk

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

• Moderators

I think there have been plenty of other presidents with worse moral failings than Clinton - JFK comes to mind as just one. And we obsess about sexual morality, but what about Nixon's moral failings?

But we all know that the intended purpose of this thread is to take the heat off Dubya. So look, I'm happy to acknowledge Wilson as winning the prize for Worst President Ever. Which might bump Dubya off to Second Worst President Ever. I dunno, there might even be one other worse than Bush. But Third Worst out of 43 is almost as bad as McCain's Fifth Worst out of 900 at school.

Truth is important

Quote:
almost as bad as McCain's Fifth Worst out of 900 at school.

reyes Bravus, are you sure that statistic's class isn't going to your head?

Just askin'....just askin'....

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Quote:
we all know that the intended purpose of this thread is to take the heat off Dubya.

Actually, this came to mind when I saw a comment someone made about the Federal Reserve being a bad thing. A little light went on inside my head and I thought, "Yea, and we know who gave us the Federal Reserve." I believe he was the only President to ever have a degree in political science.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity