ClubAdventist is back!

What does it mean to be Ready?

Joe_in_RP

What does it mean to be ready for Jesus? Why is it important? Why is it different for his 2nd coming than for accidental death?

Quote:
If we are to be ready, then why did Sister White give such detailed information about that time? Why would the bible go into such depth about the end of the world as we know it?

Quote:
Sure you can die today, but it will not speed up His arrival anymore for the rest of us.

But, I know what you mean. We should really be ready.

Quote:
What's to get ready? Either you've accepted Him as Lord and Savior, or you haven't. Kind of like being pregnant. You are, or you aren't.

So what is the biblical teaching of "ready for His return"?

Great Question Joe. Could you tell us what you think it means to get us started?

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Administrators

How about this hint- does it count?

When Christ gathers the sheep and the goats to his right hand and to the left, his declaration that "I never knew you" is not given because people haven't kept the commandments perfectly.

He never knew them because they neglected to feed the hungry, clothe the poor and visit the prisoners.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Moderators

What does it mean to be ready for Jesus? Why is it important? Why is it different for his 2nd coming than for accidental death?

Quote:
If we are to be ready, then why did Sister White give such detailed information about that time? Why would the bible go into such depth about the end of the world as we know it?

Quote:
Sure you can die today, but it will not speed up His arrival anymore for the rest of us.

But, I know what you mean. We should really be ready.

Quote:
What's to get ready? Either you've accepted Him as Lord and Savior, or you haven't. Kind of like being pregnant. You are, or you aren't.

So what is the biblical teaching of "ready for His return"?

My 2 centavos for your consideration.

1. From man's standpoint: If you are a converted, totally committed Christian, you are ready for Jesus to come now.

2. From God's standpoint: Is God looking for a people in whom the image of Christ has been "perfectly reproduced" to vindicate His name? Then He is looking for a people who are not only converted, totally committed Christian, but also a people with a certain level of maturity.

Gerry

How about this hint- does it count?

When Christ gathers the sheep and the goats to his right hand and to the left, his declaration that "I never knew you" is not given because people haven't kept the commandments perfectly.

He never knew them because they neglected to feed the hungry, clothe the poor and visit the prisoners.

thumbsup This is the major point.

I believe in Hematology.

What about the story of the 10 virgins? There seems in my mind to be a difference between those who die earlier and those who survive until the second coming. Jesus talks 10 virgins and the message is about the Holy Spirit. Yet in other parts of the bible the fullness of the spirit does not seem to be a requirement. Unless I am misreading Mat 24.

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.

Ya I had a friend who was very afraid of the end times. He had read in EGW about trials. He did not think he would be able to make it. He died in an accident. So he did not have to face his fears.

But Robert what about the 5 virgins who are not full of the spirit? What is the application ?

10 "But while they were on their way to buy the oil, the bridegroom arrived. The virgins who were ready went in with him to the wedding banquet. And the door was shut.

11 "Later the others also came. 'Sir! Sir!' they said. 'Open the door for us!'

12 "But he replied, 'I tell you the truth, I don't know you.'

Sorry its Mat 25.

Ya I had a friend who was very afraid of the end times. He had read in EGW about trials. He did not think he would be able to make it. He died in an accident. So he did not have to face his fears.

Many have tried to make 'fear' the motivating factor for a long time. For all of my lifetime. It is not new. But we can know that God is Love.

I believe in Hematology.

And what about this text?

(2 Th 2:7 NIV) For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way.

8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming.

9 The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with the work of Satan displayed in all kinds of counterfeit miracles, signs and wonders,

10 and in every sort of evil that deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved.

11 For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie