ClubAdventist is back!

Lessons in stupidity from the Middle East

fccool

• Moderators

I think Bravus its a tuff situation all around. I try not to side with either side. But I guess its hard for me to not be bias for Israel. My father spent 2 years in german labor camp and than 5 years in 3 different concentration camps. And knowing that the PLO help Hitler with "the Jewish problem" as it was called. And of course if you go thru the history of the Jews you'll see that they have been persecuted everywhere they have lived. And to top it off when its the life ambition of the terrorists to finish what Hitler was unable to do, that gives me concern that the rest of the world can't see this. Again as I have said in posts before, I do not condone what Israel is doing but they have a right to be paranoid.

pk

Do you think that the antipathy/racism towards Jews is totally without cause? Have you seen some of the vitriolic, very racist, anti-gentile statements from the writings within Judaism?

• Members

Gerry, No to the first Q, and yes to the second. Do you know what most Jews will do when someone says the name of Jesus? Do you know why Jews hate Christians? Do you know how Jews are brought up when they are born? Even those born in Israel! To be the best they can be. They are not taught to kill Arabs or Christians, even though most arabs are, at least those that want to be terrorists. As far as Jews hating Christians, one of the main reasons is that they have been blamed for the killing of Christ. But you don't see them having terrorists attacks on Christians or being brought up to kill Christians. But to make one thing clear I don't condone how Jews treat Christians and/or Muslims. Most or all my family don't talk to me because I'm a SDA, at least on my fathers side. But none of them have yet tried to kill me.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Moderators

Gerry, No to the first Q, and yes to the second. Do you know what most Jews will do when someone says the name of Jesus? Do you know why Jews hate Christians? Do you know how Jews are brought up when they are born? Even those born in Israel! To be the best they can be. They are not taught to kill Arabs or Christians, even though most arabs are, at least those that want to be terrorists. As far as Jews hating Christians, one of the main reasons is that they have been blamed for the killing of Christ. But you don't see them having terrorists attacks on Christians or being brought up to kill Christians. But to make one thing clear I don't condone how Jews treat Christians and/or Muslims. Most or all my family don't talk to me because I'm a SDA, at least on my fathers side. But none of them have yet tried to kill me.

pk

Well, I don't know which came first for sure. One thing I know for sure is that hate just breeds more hate, no matter who started it. But right now, Christians are Israel's best friends, especially the evangelicals who think that Israel will have a very important part to play in last day events. Right or wrong, they blindly support Israel in just about everything. And with all the antipathy that has built up between Jews and Christians during almost two millenia, I can understand how it would take nothing but a miracle for a Jew to become a Christian.

• Members

Yes it is, but it has been done. And the same goes for the muslims.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

If the two cultures could coexist like they do in the US there wouldn't be a problem. Jews migrated to Israel and bought land there. Then tensions built. Jews also migrated to the US and bought land here. What is the difference? Americans welcomed Jews and Arabs didn't. Americans can coexist with Jews and Arabs don't seem to be able to.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

That's not precisely true. They lived in peace under Ottoman empire for quite a while. I think the outrage began when Palestine was partitioned by British because of Zionist requests (Not a conspiracy... History). On top of that, Palestinians were farmers living in feudal system. Many of the Zionist Jews were bankers who simply bought out the land from the feudal landlords... who then were instigating riots in order to have their cake and eat it too.

So, there's much more to it than what you make it look like.

• Members

But that's just it!! They can, they have and they are. There are many cities in Israel that Palestinians and Jews live very peacefully. The media just doesn't seem to show this on the tube. I know that Fox news is one of the very few that have done spots showing this.

pk

phkrause