ClubAdventist is back!

Economy shrunk 4% last quater

Apparently you are unfamiliar with world history. From my own country's history... in 1932 nearly 10 million people starved to death. Many of them were Sabbath keeping Christians. These people were starved to death for refusing Soviet collectivization. Both, bolsheviks and Natzis burned Christians alive in Ukrainian churches.

Our purpose here is not to avoid all suffering in exchange for obedience. Quite the opposite. Christians died, starved and were persecuted as long as Christianity existed. God does not guarantee intervention to spare our lives here. He guarantees the eternal life in heaven.

God commanded on many occasions for people to prepare provisions to travel elsewhere. Yes, there are places where God miraculously provides for people, but this is not an indication that He will provide for every Christian in need. Such is not the promise, and historically this is shown to be true.

Don't loose your faith when things go sower.

The media seems obsessed with comparing this to the Great Depression but it seems more comparable to the recession of the late 70s and early 80s to me. Unemployment was over 10% during that recession.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

It's certainly not up to the levels of the depression yet. It's not, and I hope it won't be. Yet it has every potential to become full blown depression due to the actions of the previous and current administrations.