ClubAdventist is back!

The Fox report

Congressman.

No. A criminal who doesn't pay his taxes.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Aren't you glad he's not a Senator?!

(This is not my opinion because he's gay but because of other things.)

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Moderators

Wasn't it his gay lover running a gay prostitution ring in his house that didn't pay the taxes?

Yes, and Congressman Frank said he had no idea it was happening.

Maybe not, but shouldn't he have known?

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

I do believe the people in charge are stupid. They are tossing out trillions of dollars to banks etc with out any controls on it. That is stupid.

Did you think it was stupid when Bush was pushing it? At least now they are trying to attach more accountability to it.

The Democrats controlled Congress before the election and didn't attach accountability to the funds. We can't blame the Bush Administration for that. The Congressional Democrats gave them the money and said 'spend it how you want.'

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

As Carolaa has said, Congress is now attaching some contols for those funds....But what can you do when the funds went into a blackhole and you get nothing in return...

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

I think the money did help stabilize some banks. President Obama has even said that the bail-out needed to happen when it did. Without the money some big banks would have failed. However the money didn't do what the public or Congress expected it to do. That is what has everyone up in arms. But that is not to say that there was anyway to accomplish what people wanted. We have been living on a credit card making bad purchases for a long time. Now our income (GDP) has gone down and we can't make the minimum payment of the cards and have nothing of value to sell and pay the bill.

I think the money did help stabilize some banks.

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

The Democrats controlled Congress before the election and didn't attach accountability to the funds. We can't blame the Bush Administration for that. The Congressional Democrats gave them the money and said 'spend it how you want.'

I agree Congress absolutely should have demanded accountability. But it was Bush who was calling "wolf" and pushing the deal. That was the M.O. of his presidency (fear tactics), and after 8 years, Congress still fell for it.

Quote:
I agree Congress absolutely should have demanded accountability. But it was Bush who was calling "wolf" and pushing the deal. That was the M.O. of his presidency (fear tactics), and after 8 years, Congress still fell for it.

Well, yeah, but you got to admit, there was a need for some urgency....

...but then, he's always done it that way....push and push while the iron is hot....Don't think about it, just do it. We'll figure it out afterwards....only we don't figure it out afterwards...we listened to the con man again....

George Bernard Shaw

I am sorry but this is pathetic. Let the man retire in peace. He has served his country to the best of his ability. Please.

We need a boo Bush ban. Please.

He is no longer in office. Please let the man rest in peace.

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Hang on! You were crowing here about his legacy just yesterday! Bit hard to make the case he shouldn't be talked about... Or is it that he can be praised but not criticised?

Truth is important

Yes. A Boo Ban is better than a total ban as suggested for Obama.

I believe in Hematology.

I think a person should be held accountable for their crimes, whether they have left the office or not. I also think it's important to remember the past so we do not repeat it. Somehow I think it will be a good while before he is allowed to retire in peace, if ever.

Quote:
...as thier CEOs got bonus....which soured a lot of people's view of the bailout moneys....

We have been through this before. CEOs in charge of profitable departments got bonuses. The media did a very poor job of reporting what actually happened. The media is more to blame about a lot of people being upset than the banks are.

Quote:
Obama has been rather silent as to the policies enacted during the Bush Administration.

No, Obama has criticized a lot of what Bush did - but not the bail-out because Obama supported and was part of the bail-out.

Quote:
Do you mean that there were other ways to accomplish what the people wanted??

No, I mean there was probably no way to accomplish what the people wanted. The bail-out didn't achieve what we wanted but probably nothing they would have done would have. Government can't fix everything.

Quote:
I have absolutely NO idea what you are talking about...I have been living off my credit card these past 20 years and have no intention on paying it off.

The government (thus the citizens of the US) have been running on debt for years with the assumption that with an ever increasing GDP we would always stay ahead of it.