ClubAdventist is back!

Democrat's Faulty Assumption

Democrats are operating on the belief that the American people elected them because the American people want a far left liberal agenda for the country.

I propose the reason Democrats won is because the American people were fed up with the Republicans and the Democrats were the only other choice. It isn't that the American people wanted Democrats in charge - they just wanted to get rid of the Republicans. The Democrats won by default.

Now the Democrats have their shot. Like a lucky guy that gets promoted to being a CEO only after being with a company for a few months. If the Democrats don't get good results, we may be seeing they rule being short lived.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Members

I have to agree with you Shane. Just like 8 years ago the people had enough of the Democrats the people voted in the republicans. from my view its been like that for at least the last 6-8 elections.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Members

dgrimm this is not any different than when nixon said he was bringing the troops home from vietnam. Now Obama never said it would be within 1 month, or even 6 months! It took at least a year or more. You can't just get out. It takes awhile.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Members

Maybe your right, I didn't recall what he had mentioned. He probably thought it would take less time. But I believe so did Nixon and it took him longer than he and others thought.

pk

phkrause

• Moderators

Nixon came within a few days of getting the Vietnamese to negotiate a win for us, but he didn't know it at the time. It has recently come out that the North would have thrown in the towel within a few days if Nixon had kept up the bombing in the North, but he halted it.

Nixon said during his 1967, 68 campaign that he wanted to bring the troops back with honor, not in defeat; which is why he kept up the fight longer. He never gave a time limit for when he would pull the troops out. There was a war on, and before negotiating with the North, there was no way he would give them that information.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Good point Shane.

We were promised...recess all day, terrific cafeteria lunches, no more exams, etc...

Oh, excuse me, those are the promises of junior high student body presidential candidates. Some people are naive enough to believe them.

Yes. He is setting an all time record for breaking promises. He started breaking them before he even took office.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Good point Shane.

We were promised...recess all day, terrific cafeteria lunches, no more exams, etc...

Oh, excuse me, those are the promises of junior high student body presidential candidates. Some people are naive enough to believe them.

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw