ClubAdventist is back!

10,000 more troops

Quote:
My point was well presented, I thought.

If you're telling me that Obama made a simple miscalculation, I don't buy it. It's one thing to step into the beginning of a war and invasion and have a ton of unknowns. It's quite another to have access (as a senator) to info that we schlubs don't have, then make promises that are not realistic.

Regarding your point that was "well presented".....

What gun control measures has he passed? I know of NONE....I do know that there is an assumed gun control measures that is ASSUMED to be coming, but I know of none in the works...I also know that Obama has said flat out that there will be no additional measures in gun control legislation to be passed.

What universal healthcare is he going to pass? I assume that you know which type he plans to get passed...as there are many different types that are being bannied about....

You say that the Fairness Doctrine (or the current morphing of it) is being changed as we speak...What parts, pray tell?

Why is tighter controls on manufacturing in the name of the 'Green' movement a bad thing? If we reduce our carbon footprint dramatically, wouldn't our planet have a better chance of survival? What is wrong with that???

What bill is giving undeserving people free homes? Where is that in the current legislation? Please clarify...

While the bailing out banks, Wall street was done by the Bush administration during thier last days in office, what part of GE, GM, Chrysler, cities, states are being bailed out that does not involve a pay back?

Are you saying that increasing food stamps for those who are not employed is not a good thing????

You said that I made a statement.....my last post had no statement with the exception of one..."you are a hard sell."....And you still are....

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Heh, fair call!

Can't find the 'please don't mind me, I'm going nuts this week for reasons that have nothing to do with you guys' smilie, but please take it as read!

Well ... you sound good natured despite what your goin' through. Come-in here just may cure what ails ya. Glad we can help! Ha Ha. If you need any ribbin' to forget yur troubles ... you know who to call on.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

There are two Iraq reasons. One was to stop Saddam ... then once that was accomplished ... we stuck around to bring Democracy to the country and prevent it from being an outpost for terrorists.
I think that if we think we can actually completely prevent it from being an out post for terrorist we are a bit naive. This is a far different type of enemy than in previous wars.

Well ... I think we have done a pretty good job so far.

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

The trouble is, the reasons for Iraq kept on shifting. First after 9/11 it was all about getting Osama. But that gradually shifted to Saddam, and the weapons of mass destruction. Which, lest we forget, was the reason given to the UN. Not regime change. When the WMD failed to show up, *then* it became about 'freeing the people of Iraq from a dictator'. Certainly if it was about stopping Iraq being a terrorist base it was the most miserable of failures: there was no such thing as 'Al Qaeda in Iraq' before the invasion.

Truth is important

Bush articulated all the reasons at the very beginning. It was just the press and the Demos that wanted to narrow it down.

I believe in Hematology.

Quote:
there was no such thing as 'Al Qaeda in Iraq' before the invasion.

Another press fabrication.

They found Al Qaeda training bases there.

I believe in Hematology.

This is a far different type of enemy than in previous wars.

That's a great point. It's sort of learn as you go because this kind of war wasn't fought like this before. It's most unconventional.

Yet, for all the mistakes made, and there have been plenty, we have lost an amazingly small amount of soldiers over the past 3+ years in both countries. In the battles of Antietam, Gettysburg, Normandy, Iwo Jima (battles, mind you, not wars), we lost many thousands of good men. In Picketts charge alone, we lost over 12,000!

No war is pretty. But our survival rates are incredible this time around.