ClubAdventist is back!

Is Opposition to Stimulus 'Racist'?

According to Rep James Clyburn (D-SC) "Opposition to the Stimulus package is racist. He is calling for the southern states with a large black population ... to refuse the federal money. He says it would be a slap in the face to Congress to refuse the money. I heard the interview. Strange.

How many of you agree with him?

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Members

coffeecomputer.gif

Wonder why he thinks it's racist?

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

Rudywoofs ...

He is a Democrat. And they don't ...

I believe in Hematology.

Oh, so the stimulus package currently put together was done by ....Republicans...? .....who didn't vote for it...???

Wow! Intellectually, I am impressed.....!!!!

ROFL

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Yur sliipin' man. You ain't makin no sense. What U been drinkin'?

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

Probably that non-alcoholic beer. :) It still can make you dizzy. :)

pk

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

Originally Posted By: Rudywoof
Wonder why he thinks it's racist?

Originally Posted By: Redwood

Oh, so the stimulus package currently put together was done by ....Republicans...? .....who didn't vote for it...???

Wow! Intellectually, I am impressed.....!!!![/tic]

ROFL

You say that I don't make sense.....

I just completed your opened ended sentence....You did not clarify what "democrats don't..." Assuming you didn't mean that democrats were racist, the only other option was that they didn't "think".....my reply to that was that it was the Republicans who created the stimulus package only they didn't vote for it.....For a group that "doesn't think", I would tend to logically conclude that the republicans are on the same par as the democrats in the vary least....ludiocrous so....

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

According to Rep James Clyburn (D-SC) "Opposition to the Stimulus package is racist. He is calling for the southern states with a large black population ... to refuse the federal money. He says it would be a slap in the face to Congress to refuse the money. I heard the interview. Strange.

How many of you agree with him?

First question = No.

second question = Not I.

regards,

og

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

I get tired of being called a racist just because I try to look at the facts and make decisions based on that. I think a lot of other people [John McCain, etc.] are tired of it too. It seems that the people that are being called racists the most are those that are the least [actually, not at all] racists.

Why can't we be given credit for using our brains.

• Moderators

But see, this is exactly the problem. What you've basically said, across this discussion and the other one, is "*I* look at the facts and make a decision, *other people* make their decisions based on skin colour". Wouldn't it be respectful to accord to other people the same level and kind of decision-making that you do yourself?

Truth is important

• Moderators

missionlady, I want to apologise - it seems as though I've been in your face on pretty much every post today. I don't mean to be, and I'm sorry. I'll back off.

(posted in a couple of threads)

Truth is important

Bravus,

No problem. You've been respectful, just expressing differing opinions. :]

I wasn't referring to everyone who voted for Obama, just those who claimed to have voted for him because he is black--their words, not my guesses.