ClubAdventist is back!

Clintons

I expect to hear from the Secretary of State from time to time...So far, I hear of her nearly every day this past week...

Now, Bill is talking like he's giving advise to Obama publically..."Sound more hopeful, Obama" ....What is this about????

Am i imagining this or are the Clintons trying to eclipse Obama?

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

I expect to hear from the Secretary of State from time to time...So far, I hear of her nearly every day this past week...

Now, Bill is talking like he's giving advise to Obama publically..."Sound more hopeful, Obama" ....What is this about????

Am i imagining this or are the Clintons trying to eclipse Obama?

Well ... Obama NEEDS eclipsing. And if it need be the Clintons ... so be it. Someone needs to do it before our nation collapses.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Amen. And Obama will bring it on.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Obama has a been a paragon of pessimism, these last thirty days. He campaigned on "hope" and as soon as he won it was "Let me do whatever I wish or we'll all perish."

riiiiiiiight,

`oG

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

• Members

I think that he is trying to guilt the republicans into helping to vote stuff in. I've heard most if not all his speeches and I don't really hear all the pessimism. I just think he's talking to the republicans more than anyone else.

pk

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

Pk,

I think you are correct. Obama was trying to reach accross the isle, to get some bipartisan politics going, and the republicans slapped away his generousity. He has been telling republicans to make ideas and put them into the stimulus package, and they didn't come up with anything except the same ol' "cut taxes"....It aint working, and isn't going to work. We now have an $8.00 a week drop in taxes....Wow, I can get my flat screen TV in about ...um...5.4 years...Woooow! This is the esteemed generousity of the Republicans....And since they all want Obama, and us, to fail, I am just about ready to spit nails at the republicans...

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

HEY NEIL D

...we will just have to wait and see what happens

now I AM not holding my breath here but when all seems

to fail just watch the POPE make a move

And do what, Doug? Declare himself king? Ain't gonna happen...Declare himself Pope? So...there are too many who will resist the Pope as anything other than figure head for the catholic church....He ain't gonna have much in the way of power....

George Bernard Shaw

I think that he is trying to guilt the republicans into helping to vote stuff in. I've heard most if not all his speeches and I don't really hear all the pessimism. I just think he's talking to the republicans more than anyone else.

pk

hey Pk.

obamer doesn't need Republican support to pass his initiatives (since he has a large majority of liberals), so why is he trying to get them to join him? Easy.

If his ideas fail he would like to be able to say "it was their fault too."

Pk,

I think you are correct. Obama was trying to reach accross the isle, to get some bipartisan politics going, and the republicans slapped away his generousity. He has been telling republicans to make ideas and put them into the stimulus package, and they didn't come up with anything except the same ol' "cut taxes"....It aint working, and isn't going to work. We now have an $8.00 a week drop in taxes....Wow, I can get my flat screen TV in about ...um...5.4 years...Woooow! This is the esteemed generousity of the Republicans....And since they all want Obama, and us, to fail, I am just about ready to spit nails at the republicans...

What kind of successful businesses have you run, Neil? I am serious here.

HEY NEIL

HAVE THE POPE MAKE HIM SELF KING

no that was not my point but when the politicians of these

countries can not get the economy together then the pope

might make a suggestion about the people of these countries

need to get back to GOD (the sunday law) now I do not know

how things will happen but this could be and option

as long as the pope can influence the political leaders

that is all he has to do and it is not just the catholic church

to be concerned about it is all the other sunday keeping

churches that will grab on to this idea

dgrimm60

Very insightful observation.

Originally Posted By: Neil D
Pk,

What kind of successful businesses have you run, Neil? I am serious here.

I know that politics helps run business...I know that politics influences and will be influenced by business...but to run the goverment, I need to have run a successful business? Nah....That's like you coming into the hospital for an appendix operation, and me asking if you know respiratory therapy...Sorry, Olger...not necessarry

George Bernard Shaw

I disagree for these reasons. There are some lessons that we can learn only by experience. Running a successful business demands that you maintain a proper debt-to-equity ratio. This lesson alone, implemented by politicians would result in financial responsibility (an ingredient sadly lacking in the annals of Washington).

Second, you become partialy responsible for the livlihood of employees, and they become responsible for their output & quality. This creates a climate where effort and ingenuity are directly rewarded.

Lastly, a business provides goods or service to generate income. Government simply takes without providing any tangible product.

Summary. Your statement that lowering taxes would not help the economy, is laden with ignorance, no doubt elicited by a fundamental lack of business experience. This country was started with unique vision - differing it from the abuses of European serfdom. What is that vision? Namely that a man would be directly rewarded for whatever his ingenuity and ambition could combine to make him.

olger out