ClubAdventist is back!

What is your opinion?

Cosmin M.

• Members

Shouldn't this be in the humor section? Its pretty funny cosmin. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

pk

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

Shouldn't this be in the humor section? Its pretty funny cosmin. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

pk

How about politics? They could use some humor ...

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

funny-pictures-global-warming-polar-bear

Being an animal lover, I side with the bear and I doubt he finds our humor very humorous.

"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person."

Andrew A. Rooney

"It's character that counts. We should show unconditional love to our families, loyalty to our friends, and always seek to protect them from harm. When we fully attain such an exalted character, we will finally exhibit the normal traits of a dog."

Author unknown

When I understand that right, it seems to say I'm really not as good as a dog. My hope, the Lord still loves me so much He gave His life for me. Is there any other religion besides Christianity that can claim that one attribute of their leader?

Seems that is worth the giving of my life.

Regards! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

• Moderators

Dogs are my favorite animals. With so much good things said about dogs, how come when a person is called a dog, it's so derogatory?

Dogs are my favorite animals. With so much good things said about dogs, how come when a person is called a dog, it's so derogatory?

Gerry ... I don't mind you callin' me a dog.

I believe in Hematology.

Originally Posted By: Gerry Cabalo

Gerry ... I don't mind you callin' me a dog.

Considering how well you drive it seems it would be taken as a compliment. teehe

Lift Jesus up!!

Ha Ha ... Good one LifeHiscost ....

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

I had a couple for patients who kept a pig for a house pet. I was told pigs are very smart and lovable! And contrary to what one might expect, clean too!

I had a pet skunk in the house ... so I suppose that a pig would be fine.

I believe in Hematology.

• Administrators

A skunk- nice! They are so cute, especially the babies!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

I grew up on a dairy farm. We also raised our own beef, as the bull calves are of no use for dairy production. And when older cows don't produce well anymore, they also get eaten. We had Holsteins, a dairy breed, but one of the cows was half Angus, a beef breed. One year my dad decided to have her bred to a Charolais, another beef breed. The bull calf was gray, like a Charolais, and a total novelty to us, with all our black and white Holsteins. So we kids named him Charlie and made a pet out of him.

He lived longer with us than any steer (neutered bull) ever had before or since, and he grew bigger than any we'd ever seen. When we went to the pasture fence, he would always come to us. As we sat on the top of the fence and scratched his head, he would tip his head from side to side so we'd get both sides. When he was full-grown our parents forbade us to do this, as they were afraid he would accidentally break one of our arms tossing his head like that. But we did it anyway.

As a full-grown steer, Charlie was turning into an expensive pet, which had not been my dad's intention from the beginning. He was supposed to end up in our freezer. But Mom and Dad knew that if they had Charlie slaughtered for us, none of us kids would ever eat a single bite of him. So instead, Dad sold him, and chose a different animal to stock our freezer. We loved Charlie and were heartbroken that he was gone, but eventually we forgave our parents.

Catherine

God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26.

"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis

When I grew up in Colorado, my dad was an outdoorsman who hunted and fished for food. We had a couple of freezers and never lacked of good eatn' food right from the store house of nature. We also had a large garden where we grew so many veggies that we even supplied the neighborhood. Our fruit trees provided many types of fruit and these we canned to use during the winter. Our neighbors had many nut trees and they never seemed to mind that we picked up several sacks to use during the winter.

Dad built a large 'grape barber' where he kept many of the tools inside and grew grapes all around and over the fences so we never lacked for grape juice. He also had about 3 to 6 bee hives that supplied us and everyone in the church with lots of honey.

We had friends who had a dairy so we also had all the milk products you could ask for. Never a day went by without eating some type of icecream made fresh or purchased from the dairy.

Wheat and bean farms were just east of us and each year we bought 50 pound sacks to last the year. Corn fields were also just east of us and we shucked and cut up corn in bags for the freezer

Our wood stove was fueled by all of the many trees found on some of our land. Even when it was below zerro outside, we were always warm and tostie inside. Our veggie and fruit 'products' were kept in a dugout celler, we all called 'our bomb shelter'. On the South side of the house was a small greenhouse with the house wall being part of the house. We grew tomatoes and leaffie veggies all winter long. The celler also held pumpkins and squash and smoked fish and dried/smoked venison.

No, this was not that long ago--it was in the 50's and 60's. As time goes by, I wonder if we will ever get to the place where we will have to live like this again. If so, it really isn't a bad way to live. In fact, being selfsufficent just might be the only way to survive what is coming around the corner.

Blessings,

Rich

"Grape barber"

Hehehehehehehe

Cute.

Graeme

Graeme

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________