ClubAdventist is back!

Obama's speach to both houses

Ok, guys...I have no TV....

What did the Pres say?

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Quote:
Obama Says USA will rebuild and emerge stronger...

Obama vows to increase number of soldiers...

Obama vows to seek cure for cancer 'in our time'...

Obama says bank bailout may cost more than expected...

Obama promises universal EDUCATION THROUGH COLLEGE...

Obama promises universal health care...

Yep. That's only the start of it. He promises the world as he spends your money for his pet projects. Amazing.

During the election ... all he could talk about was Iraq. Now ... I don't recall him saying anything about Iraq ... but I may have missed it. Somehow though ... things in Iraq are just not as doomsday as they were during the election.

Hmmmmmmm. I guess it's time to spend our money ...

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

He did address Iraq. I didn't miss that. I think a lot of it was high hopes and lofty ambitions but he needs to start talking that way. The way he had been talking was just making a lot of people nervous. The markets has fallen more during Obama's presidency than it did after 9/11 - and he's only been President a few weeks. His down-talk on the economy has also made employers nervous and cause them to make more lay-offs and cut backs. So his switch to being positive was long overdue even if it is a bunch of hype. If he can make the movers and shakers feel comfortable the economy will take care of itself.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Yes. Well ... he does have to undo all the damage that he has caused already since becoming President.

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha

Ahhahahhahahhahahahahaha

cough, gasp, breathe...

Bwahahahhahahahahhahhahaa

Oh, stop, you're killing me over here with the comedy stylings...

Truth is important

Some have accused me of being disagreeable ... so I was just trying to be agreeable with Shane.

I believe in Hematology.

"damage"?????

Excuse me, but on whose watch did this damage occur?

In the last 30 days since his inaugration, he has been tirelessly campaigning for this bill, and he has been the only one to come up with a bill that appears to work....and you call it "damage"?

Have you looked at anyone in Ohio, or Pennsylvania of late who are looking for work? What republicans are asking for would cost so much more and do so much less.....The cutting of taxes wouldn't affect you....only your rich friends....They get the money and squirrel it away in those off shore accounts where the IRS has no jurisdicction....That's what you want?????

That sounds so un-american...and in some ways treasonous...

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Neil,

The premise of the young USA was to limit gov't as much as possible. The history of British (and others) rule was abysmal in the taxation and control of its citizens.

You can see how far we have strayed from those lofty aspirations... even to the point of WANTING and DEMANDING gov't to do everything for us.

A true patriot shuns and resents these increased controls and taxes. They go against the grain of what we were taught to love when we grew up. The love of freedom is no longer taught in schools or by so many parents. The freedom I refer to is freedom from an oppressive gov't. Tell me one thing Obama said on the campaign trail or in tonight's speech that reassures America that we are going the freedoms of old restored.

I am also ticked at the Repubs for their role in this downward spiral. They are not heroes in this, either.

There was only one prez in my lifetime that actually reduced the role of gov't in our lives. He's dead, and so is most of the progress he made. That's tragic.

Only 'minds of mush' would fall for what Obama is preachin'. Rush Limbaugh warned that our students minds were becoming as mush and they would not be able to pass their exams ....

So, I fear his predictions have come to roost ...

I believe in Hematology.

What did the Pres say?

How many times have I said this?

Neil ... you need to get yur own TV. We are tired of having to regurgitate every thing that comes on TV ... just like we did fur ya at the Super Bowl. Look at all the troubles that we got into from Rob for doing that. Now you want us to 'sin' again.

Get with the times man. Get one of them big HD plasma screens. Get with the latest technology man. Get with it.

Or are you concerned about what Rob might call you fur the expense of it all?

I believe in Hematology.

Rush Limbaugh warned that our students minds were becoming as mush and they would not be able to pass their exams

Actually, Rush refers to kids as 'skulls full of mush' because they are at an age where they are too young to draw any appreciable conclusions on things, so teaching them ANY philosophy is critical, while they are not yet set in their ways. Sadly, it's the exact time when parents turn their kids over to be indoctrinated in public schools and universities. There is precious little tempering of that by education in the home.

It's why home-schooling is so valuable.

Quote:
It's why home-schooling is so valuable

Yes, then they can listen to three hours of Rush.

I used to listen to three hours of him in the morning and then three hours in the afternoon.

That is how I became so knowledgeable on the need to promote Republicanism.

I believe in Hematology.

(shudder)

Having trouble with goose bumps?

I believe in Hematology.

Neil,

The premise of the young USA was to limit gov't as much as possible. The history of British (and others) rule was abysmal in the taxation and control of its citizens.

George Bernard Shaw

Quote:
It's why home-schooling is so valuable

Yes, then they can listen to three hours of Rush.

I used to listen to three hours of him in the morning and then three hours in the afternoon.

I don't want people to think badly of me. I value my reputation. So, perhaps I should explain. I was getting paid while I was doing this. I was traveling from one place to another in the car. So, what I missed in the morning session of Rush ... I tried to make up in the afternoon.

I believe in Hematology.

Quote:
And if the great 'Gipper" were alive today, I think he would realize that...inbetween his alzhimers attacks...

I find this offensive to say about a dead man who served his country well as one of the best presidents ever.

I believe in Hematology.

You really mean conservatism, I hope! Today's Repubs are a disgrace.

"And if the great 'Gipper" were alive today, I think he would realize that...inbetween his alzhimers attacks.."

What's the medical equivalent of a racist remark?

Originally Posted By: Neil D

What did the Pres say?

How many times have I said this?

Neil ... you need to get yur own TV. We are tired of having to regurgitate every thing that comes on TV ... just like we did fur ya at the Super Bowl. Look at all the troubles that we got into from Rob for doing that. Now you want us to 'sin' again.

Get with the times man. Get one of them big HD plasma screens. Get with the latest technology man. Get with it.

Or are you concerned about what Rob might call you fur the expense of it all?

2 things-

First, Rob don't know anything about politics 'cept what he wants to know...

second- if you got $2100 lying around, just give it to me, and I promise to go get the

TV....a big 46" LCD ...if not, then suffer the indignation of regurigating to me what the current events are...It won't hurt you any, and 2, you might really get to know just what Obama really said, instead of what FauxNews wants you to think what he said.

George Bernard Shaw

I prefer to get it from the horses mouth .

(I mean ... I want to hear what Rush has to say about it)

And he ain't on Fox.

I believe in Hematology.

It's why home-schooling is so valuable.

I couldn't agree with you more. But they still have minds of their own. During this election we watched speeches from both candidates, then the day of the election I let each one say who they wanted to win and why--keep in mind that hubby and I and all of our family are republicans. The oldest voted for McCain--no surprise; but my 9 year old daughter voted for Obama and when she listed her reasons, they were all very well thought out. In a nut shell she liked his plans better.

What, oh what, am I doing wrong? (Now THAT is a rhetorical question)

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.