ClubAdventist is back!

Insomnia.....

Liz

What do ya'll do for insomnia? I have had a bad time of it this past week. I am having a hard time falling asleep and once I do I can't stay asleep. It is starting to become a problem. I don't like taking drugs and prescription meds are out. I need something natural.

Tips???? Ideas??? Thoughts???

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.

You could always go to a healing/miracle service that Benny Hinn does.

But, I don't know what spirit he will heal you with.

Luke 4:19

To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

Seriously,

If you want a very good sleep do what I do:

I take my dog for a one hour walk just before I go to bed and then I am so tired that I just flop down and snooze and sleep the whole night.

Luke 4:19

To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

Some say that if you take Melatonin ... that it will help. That would be the most natural that I know of.

Of course ... it never worked for me. But I thought I should mention it.

But a little problem soloving might help. Let me ask you ... do you allow yur dog to sleep with U? My dog crawls up from the foot of the bed where he is suppose to be ... and wakes me up in the middle of the night. Is that yur problem?

If it is ... I obviously don't know what to do about it ... since it is still a problem for me.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Members

Have you tried exercise, especially outdoors.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

I can't recall the source of the information, but within the past month or so I read an article on the dangers of using a computer late in the evening, as well as the dangers of keeping a cell–phone too close to one's bed. It was recommended that the computer be shut off at least two hours before turning in for the night, and that a cell–phone be kept as far away from one's bed as possible.

If I can dig up the article, I'll post it for you.

Please do Aubrey. The only trouble is ... it may decrease traffic here. I do a lot of CA when I have insomnia.

I believe in Hematology.

I don't have a cell phone ... so that ain't my problem.

I believe in Hematology.

This article suggests turning the computer off at least 30 minutes before bed, but does not discuss the effects of radio waves. It suggests, rather that the light emitted from the computer sends a "mixed" signal to the brain and disrupts the normal release of melatonin.

http://blogs.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/2007/09/electronic-insomnia-information.html

• Members

HEY LIZ

MAYBE some hot non-caffeinated herbal tea just

before you go to sleep.....

just thinking here

dgrimm60

tea.gif

Chamomile tea works well with a lot of people if they drink it before going to bed. Chamomile is a good relaxant. So is lavendar - rub lavendar oil on your hands, arms and feet. Same with mandarin oil.

A word about melatonin... it did not work for me either. In fact, it triggered a migraine attack that lasted all night. My doctor told me never to use it again. But then, some people will swear by it being the best thing since sliced bread. Everybody's different.

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Administrators

Mona Vie- found it so expensive I cannot afford to use it.

Melatonin- my hubby tried it and it didn't work.

Me- I read my Bible. That's one thing that the devil doesn't want you to do, so he usually makes me very sleepy then so that I can no longer read! But I'm usually do some writing before I drift off. My best stuff comes when I can't sleep!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Members

I sleep very well dgrimm and my cell phone is on the dresser right next to me. I've heard this about cell phones and microwave ovens, etc. for many years. There was a guy on the tube and said that its true but it would take 100 years to really be affected by the micro waves from this things. I guess there is nothing that we shouldn't be worried about.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Members

Are they talking to each other? hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahaha

pk

phkrause

Wow, Thanks everyone!!! All ya'll are the best!! I think I will start at the top and work my way down. The articles were interesting. Thanks again.

grouphug

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.

As several have said, exercise is a great cure for insomnia. Just don't do it too close to bedtime. You might try eating something with natural sugars (like a banana) with a little milk 30-40 min. before you hit the sack. Keep to a regular sleep schedule, turn on some white noise, make sure the room is dark.

Have you pinpointed the reason for your insomnia? Stress can cause it, and exercise helps with stress too! If you're going through menopause, that could be the problem. You might also have your thyroid checked. Or it could be some medication you're taking; mine is my allergy medicine, so I only take it as needed and then first thing in the morning and hope for the best.

I am pretty sure it is stress related, with a good dose of allergies mixed in.

I have started reading a book an hour or two before bed, and now I am no longer waking up, however, I am only getting about 4 hours of sleep. But at least it is all at one time and not streteched out over 8 hours like it had been.

I think I am going to move on and add the tea and exercise, and see if that doesn't keep me asleep.

I really appreciate everyone's thoughts and ideas.

When I had to care for my mother several years ago, I would wake at the least little sound. I started using a fan that would sit on a table and I had it facing away from me. The sound would just lull me to sleep.

After that I found I needed more help because it seemed my mind would just not shut down.

I started taking Tylenol PM. For me this works wonderfully well.

I start to read and usually can't even finish 2 pages when I have to turn out the lights. I have no problems in the morning. No aches or pains or drowsiness.

I don't take any other medications. And my doctor said that he takes Tylenol PM too and it would not hurt me.

Ali Agins

• Members

white noise...that worked for me when I used to work nights.

Wonder what the sleep aid is in Tylenol PM?

**looking it up**

25 mg diphehydramine AKA Benadryl...

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Members

Sounds good.

pk

phkrause

• Members

thatsfunny hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

pk

phkrause

ROFL