ClubAdventist is back!

Obama's Speech today

On Fox ... the commentators were calling Obama's speech today ... MEAN spirited.

I found this interesting. This was the word used by the Demo's for the Republicans all the past 8 years. Do you remember? Now the tables are turned and the guests and commentators on Fox are returning the favor.

How things change.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Members

Will every last ounce of annoyance from our Democratic friends be shaken with it? No....they have an extra abundance - there's a lot to be annoyed with.

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

I'm trying Pam. Doin' me best ...

Gotta lot of catchin' up to do.

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Dear Admin Team

As well as the 'Ignore' feature for particular people (which I can't get the benefit of anyway as a mod), could we perhaps develop a content filter? I'd be willing to pay a small extra subscription for a filter that rendered every post containing the word 'Fox' invisible to me.

Thanks so much,

D

Truth is important

Bravus ... I am so sorry for your pain. I can feel it. It must be genuine.

I believe in Hematology.

Thanks ... I appeciate and needed that ...

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

grouphug there you go redwood.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Moderators

Dear Admin Team

As well as the 'Ignore' feature for particular people (which I can't get the benefit of anyway as a mod), could we perhaps develop a content filter? I'd be willing to pay a small extra subscription for a filter that rendered every post containing the word 'Fox' invisible to me.

Thanks so much,

D

Same for me too, please.

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

• Members

Not sure what people hate about Fox Redwood? The other stations are not any different!

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

I know ... they just need something to complain about.

I believe in Hematology.

Every time they doubt what I hear on Fox ... I switch it to ABC and hear the exact same thing.

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

My wife usually watch's or I should say flips between a bunch of different stations, Fox, CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, etc. and I hear just about the exact same thing, just a different reporter's mouth moving! The only difference's are usually some will give it a positive spin, some will be negative, others will be lets see, etc. other than that its pretty much the same. Of course with some news stations you shows like Hannity, or Larry King, etc. where they have a certain opinion and that's there right. But as far as reporting the news, there all pretty much the same. I just happen to appreciate Fox more than the rest. And I don't agree with Hannity most of the time, probably 90% of the time. I liked it more when he had the other guy on with him.

pk

phkrause

I never agreed with Combes. And I found him boring.

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

I do have to agree with you as far as boring is concerned. I thought that he was pretty smart though. But at least he kind of offset Hannity, just a little.

pk

phkrause

Yes. I do agree that Hannity needs off setting. But they needed someone who was not so whimpish.

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

I wouldn't call him whimpish, I kind of thought that he held his own.

pk

phkrause

Yes. In a whimpish way .... (compared to Hannity)

I believe in Hematology.

Hannity is too much for me. The program was good with Combs but now it is just too much. I like O'Reilly and VanSustran but normally skip out on watching Hannity.

As far as Fox goes... I kind of liked Vicinte Fox and thought he accomplished some good reforms while President of Mexico.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

On Fox ... the commentators were calling Obama's speech today ... MEAN spirited.

Well, the report I read said that 92 percent of viewers thought it was a good speech.

Interestingly, even the Republicans are bashing Jindal's response.

• Members

Agreed Hannity is just to much. I really enjoy O'Reilly and Van Sustran is OK.

pk

phkrause

thumbsup

I'm with you guys on that ...

I believe in Hematology.

Well, the report I read said that 92 percent of viewers thought it was a good speech.

Interestingly, even the Republicans are bashing Jindal's response.

i am glad that most viewers thought it was a good speech....I managed to find Jindal's speach on the internet and found it lacking...."the resoucefulness of the american people and cutting taxes will get us out of this mess" was what I heard, in a soundbite...

It tooks wall street executives 'smarts' and over 8 years of repeated practice to place us where we are at, and Jindal thinks that one or two Americans [with thier resourcefulness] and tax cuts are gonna resolve this mess??? ...That's a "do nothing"/'hail mary' policy if ever I heard one...

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw