Top Posters In This Topic

• Bravus

• Dr. Shane

• Woody

• Neil D

Top Posters In This Topic

1. FOXNews

2. Rush Limbaugh

Should we just say, freedom of the press?

Shane ... thanks for this post. You bring up a good point.

YOu know ... Liberals are SO shallow.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Quote:
A new phenomenon - trolls feeding trolls!

wonder when name-calling became an acceptable form of discourse

“the slovenliness of our language makes it easier to have foolish thoughts.” George Orwell

• Moderators

Oh but ichabod, I hid behind your very own favourite personal dodge: I was describing the behaviour, not the person or the motivation. Shane's post fits all the definitions of a trolling post.

At least be consistent in your rude, arrogant, destructive idiocy.

Truth is important

Quote:
At least be consistent in your rude, arrogant, destructive idiocy.

Huh?

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

I've had enough of ichabod's nonsense and am going on the attack. Anywhere and everywhere he posts his destructive [censored], I'll be there, in his face. I want him gone from here. He has nothing but contempt for this forum, contributes nothing and posts only to attack and tear down. I'm done with him.

I was disappointed in Shane's original post, but decided to make light of it and have some fun with it. Among friends who respect one another, we can do these things. But ichabod knows no way to behave except with rudeness and hostility.

His free rein to do that and the process of me trying to be conciliatory is over. His behaviour is unacceptable and he's getting called on it, everywhere and every time.

The admins can sanction me for that if they feel they need to.

Truth is important

• Moderators

Incidentally, the '[censored]' tag above may lead you to assume what I wrote was worse than it was...

Truth is important

Actually, had you said, "trolling post," I would have let it pass. But your poster said, "Do not feed the troll." You then followed it up with "trolls feeding trolls,"

That was a description of the actor, not the act.

“the slovenliness of our language makes it easier to have foolish thoughts.” George Orwell

I've had enough of ichabod's nonsense and am going on the attack. Anywhere and everywhere he posts his destructive [censored], I'll be there, in his face. I want him gone from here. He has nothing but contempt for this forum, contributes nothing and posts only to attack and tear down. I'm done with him.

I was disappointed in Shane's original post, but decided to make light of it and have some fun with it. Among friends who respect one another, we can do these things. But ichabod knows no way to behave except with rudeness and hostility.

His free rein to do that and the process of me trying to be conciliatory is over. His behaviour is unacceptable and he's getting called on it, everywhere and every time.

Oh. I am certain that no matter what you say or do ... there will be no sanction or discipline. I would bet the kitchen sink on it. So ... go ahead. Continue your personal assult on Ichabod and the rules of this forum.

I believe in Hematology.

Just sit back and read liberal blogs. What are the two things they complain more about than Bush?

Now if we want to surf conservative blogs we can pretty much pick up on what they hate the most. If I were to name two things that ideological conservatives hate it would be the President and the mainstream media.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Best to not take things so personally and name others by name when you attack them. This needs to go to PMs. The rest of us don't want to read this trashing of other members of this forum. The rules also state that you are not suppose to attack another moderator in public.

I believe in Hematology.

Actually, had you said, "trolling post," I would have let it pass. But your poster said, "Do not feed the troll." You then followed it up with "trolls feeding trolls,"

That was a description of the actor, not the act.

I guess I am not even sure what a trolling post is? Is that like a fisher that goes fishing using his trolling motor? If so, that is a lot different than an ugly cuss that charges a toll to cross a bridge.

It is a good thing to post stimulating posts here that encourage discussion among other members. So if a "troll" is someone making a post to stimulate discussion among other member, I must admit I am guilty.

You are fine Shane. I think that one of our members must be in need of a cold shower.

I believe in Hematology.

Oh my...

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.

Oh my...

Could you expound upon that Liz?

I believe in Hematology.

Quote:
and on purpose

Best not to infer intentions. I think that is what got us into the mess we is in.

I believe in Hematology.

Originally Posted By: Liz
Oh my...

Could you expound upon that Liz?

Yeah, I threw a fit in the shout box. :blush:

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.

People that like to push buttons will assume that others are like them and thus accuse others of doing just that. While others, that are simply trying to generate the healthy exchange of ideas are left scratching their heads and saying "huh?"

I must agree, "Best not to infer intentions" and perhaps foolish to do so.

My original premise holds true. Surf the liberal bogs and news sites and check out what they complain about most. Are they now not complaining more about FOXNews and Rush Limbaugh than Bush?

• Moderators

You start a thread with a post saying 'Liberals hate freedom of the press', and that's not pushing buttons? Riiiggghhhtt.

Truth is important

You start a thread with a post saying 'Liberals hate freedom of the press', and that's not pushing buttons?

Bravus, don't you know the mantra from the uber conservative? The press IS LIBERAL!!!!!

.....'cept Fox. he said with the most amazing lump protruding inside his check.

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Well now let's explore that. Many of the liberal blogs and websites would really like to see the return of the Fairness Doctrine. Let's keep in mind that the more moderate liberals, including President Obama and many Democrats in Congress, do not support bringing back the Fairness Doctrine. Only the far left, mostly in blogoshpere support bringing back the Fairness Doctrine.

Why is the Fairness Doctrine bad? Simply put, it limits free speech. It would mandate that if a radio station owner wants to put on three hours of a conservative talk show (where s/he can charge a lot of money for advertising) he or she must "balance" that with three hours of a liberal talk show (where s/he loses money due to lack of advertising). As a result there are less hours that conservatives can broadcast on the radio in a given market. Moreover the Fairness Doctrine does not apply to the forms of media which are dominated by liberals such as newspapers and TV.

The argument for the Fairness Doctrine was that all the radio stations in a community can be purchased by a handful of people and than those people could control the content on the airwaves. So originally the idea was encourage freedom of speech. It was to assure that all views had a voice. The intention was good. However that was before cable TV, the internet and satellite radio. Now there are so many forms of media that every view has its voice. In today's world the Fairness Doctrine does more to limit the freedom of speech than to encourage it. Most Democrats agree with that but the far left liberals do not. Is it unfair to say these radical liberals oppose the freedom of the press? I think not.

One problem may be that people on this forum have an inclination to personalize posts and think another member is directing something at them personally. The old saying goes, if the shoe fits wear it. However sometimes shoes fit me that I don't want to wear. That is to say, sometimes people describe a character defect that I have that I don't want to have. In such cases I don't have to wear the shoe. God can help me change my perspective or my habits. I once labeled myself a conservative. Over a period of time I decided that I no longer wanted to wear that shoe. Today I no longer put that on. Quite simple really.

Bravus, don't you know the mantra from the uber conservative? The press IS LIBERAL!!!!!

.....'cept Fox.

Some would say that this comment is trying to push buttons. And maybe it would push some people's buttons. I happen to think this is a fair comment. Most conservatives do believe the mainstream press is liberal. I don't even think we have to go to the "uber" or far right to find that sentiment. I am a moderate that leans conservative and believe that, for the most part, the mainstream press is liberal. Now I give them credit for improving over the past decade. I can see liberal bias in the GMA every morning. Even this morning they were interviewing a Democrat congressman that was bad mouthing the banking CEOs but did not interview anyone from the banking industry to get the other side. So I agree that conservative believe the mainstream media is liberal. And agree that they are right.