ClubAdventist is back!

What should we do on the Sabbath?

True-believer

We have already worked out that the Sabbath is still relevant in today’s world and that the Ten Commandments itself is still in effect.

So what are we meant to do on the seventh-day Sabbath?

Exodus 20:8 is clear—we’re told to remember to keep it Holy, and also apart from working six days, we are to rest on the seventh day.

Seventh-day Adventists have got it all wrong!!!

SDA’s don’t rest or keep holy the Sabbath day!!!

Having a Church meeting is still called work, it is working for the Lord.

On Saturday, each Saturday we should rest and keep it holy and remember it is the day Jesus gave to us to take it easy.

I personally have been in the SDA Church for a period of about five years on and off, but since the beginning of this year January the 1st, I have been there each and every seventh-day Sabbath, and I can officially say to you that I have NOT been resting or relaxing or keeping it holy, but instead the day is filled with activities and Church services.

I am not against having a Church service, but we can have that on Sunday or any other day through the week.

On the seventh-day Sabbath it should be only for us to remember to REST and to keep it HOLY.

The seventh-day Sabbath should be a day for us to spend with family and friends and not even thinking about work related issues but setting our minds upon Jesus Christ.

Below is what we should do on the Sabbath and also each day through the week……………..

Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Sabbath

Church Devotions Devotions Devotions Devotions Devotions Devotions

Family Work Work Work Work Work Church

Friends Family Friends Family Friends Family Rest

Witnessing Witnessing Witnessing Witnessing Witnessin Witnessing Keep Holy

Church Church Church Church Church Church Family/Friends

Devotions Devotions Devotions Devotions Devotion Devotions Relax

Now… this is how life should be… a perfect week living in Jesus Christ!

Luke 4:19

To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

• Moderators

Please consider--

Hebrews 1: 10 is referring to Jesus Christ as the One who created the world.

John 1: 1-3 shows that Jesus made everything, including the Sabbath.

Luke 4: 16 says that Christ could always be found worshipping the Father on Sabbath in the church of his day, the Synagogue.

He understands the purpose of the Sabbath. He is Lord, or owner and master, of the Sabbath. Mark 2: 28.

Jesus is our example. 1 John 2: 6 tells us that we ought to live as Jesus lived.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Members

I would say things that we don't get to do the other 6 six days, especially if you are always busy, is spend time with family. There are people in need, help were ever possible. monetary or physically. Jesus did most if not all his healing on the Sabbath. I'm not saying that we can heal people, like a physician, but we can be there if someone needs us. Go shopping for them, help with yard work, etc.

pk

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

Luke 4: 16 says that Christ could always be found worshipping the Father on Sabbath in the church of his day, the Synagogue.

Jesus is our example. 1 John 2: 6 tells us that we ought to live as Jesus lived.

“The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.” Those who follow him must share his poverty. “If any man will come after me,” he declares, “let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.” “So shall ye be my disciples.” [RH 7-4-1912 - EGW]

“A few things about Ellen White’s new house may have puzzled some visitors who entertained a narrow image of her and regarded her as a severe, reserved person. An ornamental glass panel in the main front door, and an entire, tall window beside the stairway in the hall were made of numerous pieces of colored and patterned glass. Blues, reds, greens, yellows, purples—all were there to spice up the appearance of the entryway and the stairway. Around the fireplace (a feature that was a strong attraction to Ellen White) the Pratts had installed imported tiles depicting the legend of King Arthur. Ellen White would not have selected such decorations, but she was not so straitlaced as to have them removed.” [Ellen G. White: The Early Elmshaven Years Volume 5 1900-1905, P 37]

Originally Posted By: John317

“The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.” Those who follow him must share his poverty. “If any man will come after me,” he declares, “let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.” “So shall ye be my disciples.” [RH 7-4-1912 - EGW]

“A few things about Ellen White’s new house may have puzzled some visitors who entertained a narrow image of her and regarded her as a severe, reserved person. An ornamental glass panel in the main front door, and an entire, tall window beside the stairway in the hall were made of numerous pieces of colored and patterned glass. Blues, reds, greens, yellows, purples—all were there to spice up the appearance of the entryway and the stairway. Around the fireplace (a feature that was a strong attraction to Ellen White) the Pratts had installed imported tiles depicting the legend of King Arthur. Ellen White would not have selected such decorations, but she was not so straitlaced as to have them removed.” [Ellen G. White: The Early Elmshaven Years Volume 5 1900-1905, P 37]

My point, John? Many SDA push the Sabbath, yet they fail to live Christ's life of selflessness.

The Jews were great at keeping the Sabbath, but in the end they rejected the Lord of the Sabbath. So their Sabbath keeping was meaningless.

But back to EGW and her wealth. What happened to "Self-love, self-interest, must perish"? I'll tell you what happened - nothing! Ellen White died with sins that were not overcome for she says of the last generation on earth, "Their earthliness [self-love, self-interests, etc] must be removed that the image of Christ may be perfectly reflected.” [4SP 438]

Now back to the Sabbath. If you are going to demand that we follow Christ in His Sabbath keeping then we must also follow Christ in His denial of "self".

You see in order for us to obtain things (besides food & water) we must sin. We must be somewhat selfish. We must engage in the sin of "self-seeking" [see 1 Cor 13:5]! Christ never sinned, especially this sin, and therefore He was sinless.

So one must be careful holding Christ out as an example for we are all failing. Even your prophet failed. Something to think about.

Rob

The simple answer:

Hebrews 4:9 So then, there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God, 10 for whoever has entered God's rest [defined by verse 2 as "the gospel"] has also [or in addition to] rested from his own works as God did from his.

Some points/questions to ponder:

Who is Paul primarily writing to? A: The Jews. Weren't they already keeping the Sabbath? A: Yes. Then why did Paul tell them they need to "enter God's rest"? A: You see "God's rest" isn't the Sabbath according Heb 4:1-3. God's rest is "the good news" - the gospel. When you enter God's rest...when you accept the gospel you can rest from your works because "in Christ Jesus" you stand perfect now and in the judgment.

This the Jews failed to do. What does Paul say? Hebrews 3:19 "So we see that they were unable to enter [God's rest] because of unbelief."

So, like the Jews, you can keep the Sabbath for a multitude of reasons, but unless it is vitally connected to the gospel - the truth as it is "in Christ" - your Sabbath keeping is meaningless.

Rob

How about -

"Make love, not war."

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

I like love ...

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

HEY ROBERT

IN GEN Chap 20 ver 3--4--1st part of 5 says

make no other gods before me---no carved images

of any likeness of anything in heaven in the earth

or that is in the water you shall not bow down

nor serve them

SO GOD does want our worship

Sorry, that has nothing to do with the 4th commandment.

• Moderators

Yes, the highest form of worship of God is obedience. "Obedience is better than sacrifice." Jesus Christ came to do the Father's will. The Father's will is His law.

Paul preached, and quoted from, the fourth commandment on Mars Hill (Acts 17: 24). Also, Rev. 14: 7 calls the whole world to worship God, and the context shows that it is referring to obedience of all of God's commandments, particularly the one that calls our attention to the fact that God is our Creator. Such a world-wide message results in a people -- saints, holy ones-- who keep all of God's commandments, including, of course, the fourth commandment.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

1. Is 66 - "From SABBATH to SABBATH shall ALL mankind come before Me to WORSHIP" - God wants us to Worship HIM on Sabbath.

2. Rev 14:7 "WORSHIP Him who MADE the heavens and the earth the seas and the springs of water" this is a quote of the UNIQUE language of the 4th comamndment. Again - showing us that God wants us to WORSHIP Him on His own HOLY day.

3. Lev 23:1-3 -- the Seventh-day Sabbath IS a day of Holy Convocation. A day to gather for worship.

Impossible to miss the point of inspired scripture here.

Finally - we see IN the 4th commandment itself that it is also a day of rest not only for ourselves but for those who would normally SERVE us. (No "eating out" my friends).

in Christ,

Bob

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

HEY ROBERT let see you 1st said after I posted that my post had nothing to do with the 10 commandments

now you are saying that my post has nothing

to do with the 4th commandment

by honoring the sabbath day you are giving glory

to GOD is that not a form of worship

dgrimm60

Here's what I said:

You: GOD and JESUS wants us to come to worship HIM on sabbath...

My reply: The Ten Commandments do not state this.

2. Rev 14:7 "WORSHIP Him who MADE the heavens and the earth the seas and the springs of water" this is a quote of the UNIQUE language of the 4th comamndment. Again - showing us that God wants us to WORSHIP Him on His own HOLY day.

No, here's how Rev 14:7 is linked and it isn't the Sabbath:

Acts 17:22 Then Paul stood in the midst of the Areopagus and said, "Men of Athens, I perceive that in all things you are very religious; 23 for as I was passing through and considering the objects of your worship, I even found an altar with this inscription: TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Therefore, the One whom you worship without knowing, Him I proclaim to you: 24 God, who made the world and everything in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands. 25 Nor is He worshiped with men's hands, as though He needed anything, since He gives to all life, breath, and all things. 26 And He has made from one men [Adam] every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth, and has determined their preappointed times and the boundaries of their dwellings, 27 so that they should seek the Lord, in the hope that they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us; 28 for in Him we live and move and have our being, as also some of your own poets have said, 'For we are also His offspring.' 29 Therefore, since we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Divine Nature is like gold or silver or stone, something shaped by art and man's devising.

3. Lev 23:1-3 -- the Seventh-day Sabbath IS a day of Holy Convocation. A day to gather for worship.

7 On the first day you shall have a holy convocation; you shall do no customary work on it. 8 But you shall offer an offering made by fire to the Lord for seven days. The seventh day shall be a holy convocation; you shall do no customary work on it.

Yes, the highest form of worship of God is obedience. "Obedience is better than sacrifice."

Context: 1 Sam 15:14 But Samuel said, "What then is this bleating of the sheep in my ears, and the lowing of the oxen which I hear?" 15 And Saul said, "They have brought them from the Amalekites; for the people spared the best of the sheep and the oxen, to sacrifice to the Lord your God; and the rest we have utterly destroyed." 16 Then Samuel said to Saul, "Be quiet! And I will tell you what the Lord said to me last night." And he said to him, "Speak on." 17 So Samuel said, "When you were little in your own eyes, were you not head of the tribes of Israel? And did not the Lord anoint you king over Israel? 18 Now the Lord sent you on a mission, and said, 'Go, and utterly destroy the sinners, the Amalekites, and fight against them until they are consumed.' 19 Why then did you not obey the voice of the Lord? Why did you swoop down on the spoil, and do evil in the sight of the Lord?"

So the context isn't the law...it's the demand to kill!