ClubAdventist is back!

Rush Limbaugh Joke

Rush's First Televised Address to the Nation

01125106.Par.4584.ImageFile.jpg

Now, I have someone in back taking phone numbers. In fact, I would like to introduce to you my security chief, a man who runs all of my security. His name is Joseph Stalin. Joseph, would you please -- [Laughter ] I am safe from any liberal attack, in public, because they would be afraid of offending Stalin. [Laughter] Now the opportunity here to address the nation, a serious one, it really is. And I want to take it seriously. I want to address something. I know that people are probably watching this who never have listened to my program and may not even really know what conservatism is. They think they do based on how they've been told -- the way we've been impugned and maligned and so forth. One of the things that is totally erroneous about me -- and I just want to get this up front -- is that I'm pompous. [Laughter]

And that I am arrogant. Neither of these things are remotely true. I can tell you a joke to illustrate this. Larry King passed away, goes to heaven. He's greeted by Saint Peter at the gates. Saint Peter says, "Welcome, Mr. King, it's great to have you here. I want to show you around, give you an idea of what's here, maybe you can pick a place that you'd like to reside." King says, "I just have one question: Is Rush Limbaugh here?"

"No, he's got a lot of time yet, Mr. King." So Saint Peter begins the tour. Larry King sees the various places and it's beyond anything we can imagine in terms of beauty. Finally, he gets to the biggest room of all, with this giant throne. And over the throne is a flashing beautiful angelic neon sign that says "Rush Limbaugh." [Laughter]

And Larry King looks at Saint Peter and says: "I thought you said he wasn't here."

"He said, he's not, he's not. This is God's room. He just thinks he's Rush Limbaugh."[Laughter] [Applause]

So you see I'm not pompous. [Laughter]

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Yes. I hope that Rush has many more public addresses to the Nation. During these difficult times ... we need both his wisdom and his wit.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Members

The sad thing is Redwood, is he's not even funny.

pk

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

Oh.

I believe in Hematology.

It was HUMOR

LOL

I believe in Hematology.

Yeah, the joke sounds kind of sacrilegious. But I bet all those "religious" conservatives ate it up.
I agree.

`oG

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

It sounded sacrilegious to me too but I didn't want to lead out in this discussion so I just posted the story and link. However I am not so quick to sit in judgment on religious conservatives and accuse them of eating it up.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity