ClubAdventist is back!

Who is the leader of the Republican party?

But, what about Sarah and Condi?

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Woody

• Neil D

• carolaa

• Liz

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh. I uh have uh the same uh problem uh with Obama uh.

I believe in Hematology.

Man, I just can't listen to Condi - too painful. Every 3-4 words is followed by UH.

Really? I don't guess I have ever noticed....hmmmmm

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.

• Moderators

What about Lindsay Lohan?

(sorry, a silly response, not a sensible one, based on seeing Carol's response alone at the top of the page)

Truth is important

>>...you will see that Sarah was about 3 on a 5 person list at the CPAC convention....and got less that 15% of the conservative votes.

Face it Redwood, she's an embarrassement to even conservatives...

[...]

Facts are the facts, kids.....Sara sucks according to the conservatives at CPAC....<<

‘3 on a 5 person list” in a straw poll, eh? mebbe, it would have been more impressive had she been a no-mention? So, just how much importance do you attach to a straw poll? and,

what’s with you vis-à-vis women? I mean, Obama/Biden won the election – and yet, you (and other unnamed men) still can’t let this Palin thing go... Whazzup? What energizes the compunction to diss her?

Wouldn’t it be more complimentary of one’s character to simply applaud a woman who manages to rise to the office of Gov’nor of a State and Nat’l candidate for one of the two highest offices in our nation? That’s not with mention of her raising a pretty good-sized family at the same time... a worthy accomplishment of itself.

Some of the smellier half of our species need a good bracing – where the subject touches upon ‘the respect due our women’.

[/graciously]

The New American Bible on Vernacularisms

lefting; descent into insanity

bwink

what’s with you vis-à-vis women? I mean, Obama/Biden won the election – and yet, you (and other unnamed men) still can’t let this Palin thing go... Whazzup? What energizes the compunction to diss her?

Wouldn’t it be more complimentary of one’s character to simply applaud a woman who manages to rise to the office of Gov’nor of a State and Nat’l candidate for one of the two highest offices in our nation? That’s not with mention of her raising a pretty good-sized family at the same time... a worthy accomplishment of itself.

Perhaps you remember the amount and quality of praise that Redwood puts out for Palin....

It's for his benefit.

That said, the woman is to be applauded for making it to the governor's office.

That's all I will say....

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

I guess I am a bit confused about this thread. Are we talking about who the leaders of the Republican Party are today OR who is the leading presidential candidate for 2012?

No governor is the leader of the GOP today. At least not of the national party.

Who is the leading candidates for 2012? That is a different question. One might note that Palin did not attend the CPAC convention. Nor did Bobby Jindal. The ballot included Jindal, Romney, Ron Paul, Palin, Gingrich, Huckabee, Mark Sanford, Pawlenty and Crist. Evenly divided that would have been 11% for each candidate. As it turned out 9% voted undecided. So evenly dividing the remaining 91% of votes that would have given each one 10%. So viewing it in context, Romeny, Jindal, Palin and Paul received above the median number of votes. Gingrich, Huckabee, Sanford, Pawlenty and Crist all got less than the median number of votes. That gives us a good idea of who the conservative base is looking at. But remember this past election Romney and Huckabee split the conservative base which allow McCain (a moderate) to get the nomination.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Quote:

I've never known you to be a loss for words . Surely you can say more.

I believe in Hematology.

Quote:

I've never known you to be a loss for words . Surely you can say more.

Regarding Palin, you mean? Sure, I can say more, but I thought that leaving my post on a positive note to Palin, you would find that somewhat agreeable....

Of course, if you want me to go on, I could...but at this late hour, I'm tired and would rather not...

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Huh. I am never too tired to speak of the positive virtues of Sarah Palin.

She is most certainly one of our most virtuous women in politics.

I believe in Hematology.

uh huh....if you say so...

I just thought I would end my post on Sarah on a positive note....

George Bernard Shaw

Now that's much better of you. I think I could actually like the new Neil.

I believe in Hematology.

So, SUMMING UP, can we say that there is no real leader of the Republican party, but a rather loud talkshow host who has the ear of his rather large conservative base?

George Bernard Shaw

• Members

The thing that I see is that they have no one else to listen to. None of there big leaders like McCain for one, want to get up there and say anything that sounds like there indorsing the other party. So they would rather at this point allow a loud mouth like Rush do the talking for them. I think that that is sad. Let me just reiterate one thing, I'm neither a democrat or republican, I do not like politics, and this is the reason, neither party really wants to work with the other. I do find that more demo's are willing to work with repub's, there are a very few repub's that will work with demo's and I mean a very few, McCain being one. And as long as he is not willing right now to stand up the rest of the party will do nothing.

pk

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

• Members

Thanks dgrimm, I do my best! hahahahahahaha

pk

phkrause

The thing that I see is that they have no one else to listen to. None of there big leaders like McCain for one, want to get up there and say anything that sounds like there indorsing the other party. So they would rather at this point allow a loud mouth like Rush do the talking for them. I think that that is sad. Let me just reiterate one thing, I'm neither a democrat or republican, I do not like politics, and this is the reason, neither party really wants to work with the other. I do find that more demo's are willing to work with repub's, there are a very few repub's that will work with demo's and I mean a very few, McCain being one. And as long as he is not willing right now to stand up the rest of the party will do nothing.

pk

Hey pk. Could you tell me what you think 'working with' means? To me the words mean giving in or compromise. But tell me what they mean to you. Me ... being a partisan ... I really don't want to give in or compromise. A leader who compromised or gave in ... would not be considered a good leader. He would be fired.

I believe in Hematology.

So, you are saying that your side is correct, and you dont want to compromise......?

If so, we already know that goverment will become inactive under that system and the current problems that we have will only grow and YOU will eventually be hurt if there were some compromise...."Working with" the current administration is, in actuallity, a goood thing...

George Bernard Shaw

When was the last time you saw two political parties 'working together'? It didn't happen while any of the Bushes were President.

I believe in Hematology.

BTW .... While Clinton was president ... The Republicans were 'accused' of shutting down the government. That actually was not true. But being of the mind that small government is good. I would not mind the 'Big Government' of Obama being shut down. Nothing at this point would be better than what he is doing.

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

"Working with" to me means like a Joe Leiberman, or a John McCain willing to have the rest of your party be mad at you for agreeing with the other side. Each party has something to offer the other, even if they won't admit it.

pk

phkrause

It didn't seem to help them in the last campaign. (Leiberman and McCain). So, I have to assume that most are partisan.

I believe in Hematology.

Huh. I am never too tired to speak of the positive virtues of Sarah Palin.

She is most certainly one of our most virtuous women in politics.

I think you are being blinded by her good looks.