ClubAdventist is back!

Who is the leader of the Republican party?

Redwood...

Whatever happened to "working with" as meaning, in the political sense where I give a bit and you give a bit and we meet in the middle....That way, you got something that you want, and I got something, that I want...Granted, it may not be as much as I would like nor as much as you would like, but each gets a little bit of each....We test the new policy and progress from there....

Is this not the ART of compromise?

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Woody

• Neil D

• carolaa

• Liz

Top Posters In This Topic

>>I think you are being blinded by her good looks.<<

There are men who were raised with certain and instilled graces re women; such as, paying for dinner - when going 'Dutch' would pay for that excellent bottle of XO instead, opening and holding doors for the weaker sex - rather than letting them slam back in their faces, walking before them going down stairs - and behind them going up, purchasing the absolutely best seats available when either the Met or the Kirov comes to town - when those monie$ could, instead, have paid for a fairly large portion of the co$t of those season tickets on the 50-yard line, etc. In other words,

where deference re women vis-à-vis the properly groomed and polished male is concerned - it is not a thing predicated upon "good looks", as its most assiduous practice is reserved for the past-prime elderly woman. Of course,

there are always those who comprise the exception... bwink

And, of course, Redwood is probably tweaking certain of the list. Then again,

if one has to describe a woman who elected to birth (rather than abort) a Down Syndrome child, fully expectant of the trials and travail attendant that decision - well, "virtuous" is probably fitting...