ClubAdventist is back!

FDIC May Go Belly Up

carolaa

backtopic

How's this for instilling confidence:

"The head of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, Sheila Bair, in a letter to bank chief executives dated March 2, defended the FDIC's plan to raise fees on banks and assess an emergency fee to shore up the fund and maintain investor confidence."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090305/bs_afp/financeeconomyusbankinggovernment

Does this mean I should take our money out of the bank and maybe keep it under the mattress?

Catherine

God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26.

"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis

All I see is "Flying Monkeys Stole my icon" and a little red x is there supposed to be a picture? I personally liked the woman flying off the treadmill better.

Don't you get it? Flying monkeys stole my icon so I don't have one. That is what the red x stands for, nothing.

Back to topix!

k3ur8n.gif

Don't you get it? Flying monkeys stole my icon so I don't have one. That is what the red x stands for, nothing.

Back to topix!

Hand smacks forehead Sorry, it is late for me too, I guess. I get it now!!! Very funny!

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.

backtopic

Originally Posted By: carolaa
How's this for instilling confidence:

"The head of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, Sheila Bair, in a letter to bank chief executives dated March 2, defended the FDIC's plan to raise fees on banks and assess an emergency fee to shore up the fund and maintain investor confidence."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090305/bs_afp/financeeconomyusbankinggovernment

Does this mean I should take our money out of the bank and maybe keep it under the mattress?

Thank you. Well, I don't know. I've been wondering the same thing. Or maybe just spend it all 'cuz it's not going to be worth anything anyway.

Or maybe just spend it all 'cuz it's not going to be worth anything anyway.

True.

Catherine

"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis

Cosmin, Neil is saying that you can also give him a hard time. Like we need an invitation--not! LOL

Avatars_Funny_You_Shall_Not_Pass.jpg

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Or maybe just spend it all 'cuz it's not going to be worth anything anyway.

I like this approach. However, I can't seem to get dh on board with it.

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.

Maybe if you wanted to spend it on stocking up on things that you will need when you can't pay your electric bill or buy food, he might not be quite so opposed?

Catherine

I would definitely need to have a hand pump installed on our well. I don't think it's too deep for a hand pump. And I'd need garden seeds and a root cellar. Maybe a small greenhouse too.

And a wood cookstove. Probably the other kind of woodstove, for heating the house, too.

Catherine