ClubAdventist is back!

Republicans

I thought it was interesting in today's news that Meghan McCain trashed Ann Coulter, saying she is offensive and insulting. Of course, she's correct on that, so no big news flash, but interesting that a Republican would say that about another Republican. Well, probably next scene will be her apology to Ann, aka Cruela Devil.

Also, Republican Nancy Reagan applauded President Obama on lifting the ban on stem cell research.

So....Republicans critizing members of their own party and praising members of another party.

The McCains have been bashing conservatives for years. No surprise there.

That's one reason he lost Ohio.

“the slovenliness of our language makes it easier to have foolish thoughts.” George Orwell

And if he had continued to bash the ubber conservatives, I would have seriously concidered voting for him.....As it was, I saw too many compromises with the evil empire, the religious right.....

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

>>I thought it was interesting in today's news that Meghan McCain trashed Ann Coulter, saying she is offensive and insulting.<<

I s’pose that it depends on whose ox is gored or whose company one desires to suck-up. But then, for the discerning and the appreciative,

Meghan addresses that which is Ann’s cachet, charm, and quickness. bwink

>>...that a Republican would say that about another Republican.<<

Seems it’s all in the family. Remember when McCain raised a brouhaha about that No Carolina ad re Obama? yet nar’ a word in defense of his running mate whilst she was being trashed and marginalized – by such as that reputable site Daily Kos and the several, er, Republicans?

>>Also, Republican Nancy Reagan applauded President Obama on lifting the ban on stem cell research.<<

Well, Nancy Reagan aside, the POTUS seemed to have had difficulty distinguishing between ethics and political expediency, yes? Like, science cannot retrieve all of the stem cells they may desire by simply

giving me a few dollar$ for my contribution? After all, adult stem cell technology already has

a proven track record.

For those of us that follow the news like a drug addict uses drugs none of this is surprising. McCain has always loved to bash conservatives. Nancy Reagan has always supported aborted-baby stem cell research.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Meghan addresses that which is Ann’s cachet, charm, and quickness.

charm?! <cough,cough> that's one adjective that would never have come to my mind

>>charm?! <cough,cough> that's one adjective that would never have come to my mind<<

Is the above a blushing/shy attempt to compliment my astuteness? I find that absolutely charming! bwink

Aw shucks, you saw through me. Well, at least if you use the word "charming" on me, you'll know it's true, unlike your previous reference.

bwink

I detect too much affection going on in this thread.

Should I report this ...

Don't you realize that this is the politics section. We have an image to maintain.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

obama did not lift the ban on killed-baby stem cell research. There was no such ban. The ban was on using Federal (OUR) dollars to fund something which has not been in any way proven to be of value, while other stem cell research is very promising, except for the fact that the stem cells tend to mutate into tumors!!!