ClubAdventist is back!

Obama and the economy

Woody

Obama said today that things are "not as bad as you think".

Tell me what?

As I recall ... Obama racked McCain over the coals for trying to show confidence in our country.

When did this confidence arrive. Maybe McCain is having some influence on Obama. This could be a good thing.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

I think that is fine ... but why did he bash McCain when McCain was doing the same thing.

I believe in Hematology.

Define "bash." I don't remember Obama "bashing" McCain, and I'm thinking it would be rather out of character for him to do so.

I think what Obama is trying to say is that now that he is taking steps to improve the economy, it's not so bad. (Not that I agree with that, but that's what I think he's trying to say.) On the other hand, McCain obviously didn't know anything about the economy, so it just sounded kind of silly for him to be saying it was good or bad.

Personally, I think Ralph Nader has more economic sense than both of them combined, but since it's pretty clear that no one is able to change the way we do business in Washington, I don't believe he would have gotten to square one with Congress.

I think that as long as the big spending Democrats are in control of the government ... we will not see a good economy. Like Rush said ... they will need to fail before the American public will recognize that the Republicans have merit. Once that is accomplished ... then we might have success.

I believe in Hematology.

The Republicans can spend just as freely as the Democrats. Reagan and GHW Bush dramatically increased the national debt. Clinton provided a balanced budget. GW Bush ran us into a debt we'll never get out of. I doubt Obama will outspend him.