ClubAdventist is back!

Jon Stewart takes on Wall Street with Jim Cramer

'The Daily Show': Jon Stewart-Jim Cramer showdown nets big ratings

Mar 13, 2009, 08:02 PM | by Joshua Rich

Categories: Television

Thursday night's anticipated appearance by CNBC financial guru Jim Cramer on Comedy Central's The Daily Show With Jon Stewart netted big ratings, the cable network announced on Friday. The program drew a crowd of some 2.3 million viewers, making it the year's second-most-watched Daily Show installment, after the episode that aired on Inauguration Day (which garnered 2.6 million pairs of eyeballs). Overall, it was among the top 10 shows in the 12 1/2-year history of the fake news program.

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

• Administrators

Not really "fake" news... The show does report actual events, real news but with an intentional comedic twist, reaction or spin. But it doesn't expect to be taken as anything else as contrasted with other media that do as much twisting and spinning for idealogical purposes that end up being unintentionally comedic, while pretending they are "fair and balanced."

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

Yes. There is really only one source that is 'fair and balanced' but due to the respect I have for each of you ... I will not mention the name.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

I watched the Cramer interview. Difficult to watch, but if the rest of the media were holding... the rest of the media to account for their actions to this extent and in this way - with hard-hitting questions and extensive research - the country would be being much better served by its media. Watch it (it's available free online) and decide for yourself.

Truth is important

• Members

Do you have a link Bravus? I missed it.

pk

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

Don't know if this will work, because it's a HULU clip...Youtube had to take it down.....Ok so here is the link-

Jon Stewart Show

tom,

regarding the concept of news, I agree with you....but as Jon said, they lable thier show as "snake oil" and then make juxposition it to rediculous...But others' are selling thier snake oil as vitamin tonic....

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

• Moderators

The L.A.Times Sunday edition has a front-page article today praising Jon Stewart's incisive interviewing techniques, and the questions he asked Cramer. He demonstrated a lot of knowledge about the field, and a lot of preparation for this particular interview. This report said this Cramer interview shows Stewart's skill as an interviewer, regardless of his comedy skills we've all come to know.

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

• Members

Well Bravus what this interview showed me is this Cramer guy has no clue. If the producer's from CNBC were watching, they should be calling Jon Stewart up to see if he's available. I'm not impressed by Mr. Cramer, and very glad I don't watch his show.

pk

phkrause

I only read a couple reports following the show, and it seemed like Cramer pretty much rolled over and said you're right. Kind of anti-climactic after the big build-up it had been given.

• Moderators

Hard for him to do much else given the video evidence they repeatedly brought up contradicting every claim he tried to make.

Truth is important

The video doesn't lie very well, does it..... :smile

George Bernard Shaw

• Members

I almost thought, actually I did think that it was a setup of some kind! :)

pk

phkrause

• Moderators

I wish I'd listened to that Peter Schiff three years ago.

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....