ClubAdventist is back!

Deep Sadness in our family

Gail

• Administrators

Please send up a little prayer for my cousin Alton. His wife was found murdered, her throat slashed, as she was babysitting. The baby was found safe in the crib.

Alton Gregory lives on the family homestead in Saskatchewan. My grandparents homesteaded there when they immigrated from Austria just after the turn of the century.

In recent times there have been some small hunters' cabins pop up on the acreage, and folks use them while hunting or otherwise wintering. They think that there is the connection to the murder.

Alton drives truck and was out of town when the tragedy occurred.

Our family is crushed.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Moderators

That is horrifying, Gail, I will certainly pray for your family.

Do they have children? I am assuming your cousin's wife was caring for someone else's child.

• Administrators

Yes, they have grown children, but I can't remember exactly how many. I think 3.

It's been years since I've been to Saskatchewan, but we always think of my Ukrainian relatives with fondness. They are ALL such wonderful, kind people.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Members

Oh wow Gail this is awefull, will put all on our pray list.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Oh Gail,

I am horrified to hear of this tragedy!! blowing

I won't pretend to know how you all must be feeling although I can imagine the gut wrenching pain you must be feeling........

I will definitely remember your family and especially your cousin in my prayers.

May God hold you all close to Himself during this awful season of sorrow. There are no other words to say, none that can alleviate your pain, only time can slowly wear down the harshness of this crime and loss.

God willing, the "doer" will be brought to justice, and soon.

Praise God that you have the hope of the resurrection and that you will see her again some day!! What else can sustain you during this time?

Morning Glory

Kindness is the oil that takes the friction out of life.

• Moderators

That is so sad Gail, and I am so sorry to hear that. We will offer up prayers for you and your family...and especially Alton during this time of hurt and pain in his life. Sympathy and love from me.

Be Kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another...

Monticello.gif Monticello Georgia

cat_purrr.gif19.gif

Oh my!!! Praying for you all so much! So very very sorry you have had to go through all of this!! May God be especially close to you and may Jesus come soon!!

Our family is crushed.

"Thou....: put thou my tears into thy bottle: are they not in thy book?"Psalm 56:8 KJV

And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever. Isaiah 32:17

I know that words are not enough. Many are placing you and yours in the arms of Jesus. As am I.

In Christ. LHC

Lift Jesus up!!

• Administrators

Thank you all...

I have written and sent off a card of condolences from us. It was difficult to know what to say.

:(