• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• carolaa

• Woody

• there buster

• Neil D

• Members

Says the page I'm looking for is not there!

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Members

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Members

Thanks that worked. What's interesting is now that he's out of office and away from Bush he admits to all this. What a guy!

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Well #1 -- that link is to a "spin doctored" report by a Clinton advisor about an ACTUAL CNN report -- here - http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/03/15/cheney.interview/index.html that was itself a "spin-doctored" commentary mixing comments of an actual interview -- with democrat sources critical of the interviewee -- and not letting the interviewee respond to or be aware of those remarks during the interview itself.

So a double-layered spin-doctored reference... Just what we "needed"

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

• Moderators

Thanks, Pam and Bob for correcting the links.

Cheney is showing his true colors....

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

• Moderators

I am somewhat ambivalent about how a terrorist prisoner should be treated.

If you were to catch a terrorist who knows where a nuclear device is planted in NYC or LA

where millions could lose their lives, would you spare any means available to extract the

information needed to find and disarm the bomb?

Good Point Gerry. Some here would rather have millions die than to have a little water poured on someone's face. Seems kind of imbalanced to me.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Not that many of the people who were tortured were actually terrorists. Some of them were merely people grabbed off the street by mistake.

Quote:
It's pretty obvious we didn't really *know* much about any of these people before apprehending them and torturing them.

That is simply not true. It is a sweeping generalization.

I believe in Hematology.

Yesterday Chaney indicated that Obama's decisions are threatening America's safety. I think this is what needs to be considered.

I believe in Hematology.

Could we come down to the word 'small' or 'few' ?

I believe in Hematology.

I'm not convinced at all that those changes would be accurate. I'll stick with "many" for now.

I wish we could make things right with all those people we have terrorized.

War is ugly. Making things right is not something that is readily done for the casualties of war. If we were talking about a perfect world ... yes. But, we are far from that in this world.

I believe in Hematology.

Quote:

Actually, since all we have is Begala's words, we simply know how a polemicist interpreted what Cheney said.

“the slovenliness of our language makes it easier to have foolish thoughts.” George Orwell

Exactly. But just look at how the extreme left has jumped on this.

I believe in Hematology.

And look at the toxic stuff coming out of the right....

Guys,...er, bullys... leave the little lady alone...

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

It is ALWAYS toxic if it doesn't agree with Neil's personal toxic opinions.

I believe in Hematology.

I will take the blow, if you can find my opinions on this thread...

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Quote:

Actually, since all we have is Begala's words, we simply know how a polemicist interpreted what Cheney said.

Well, here's the Red Cross. If you won't listen to them, I don't know who you will listen to.

"Red Cross Report: US Committed Torture at CIA Black Sites

The International Committee of the Red Cross concluded in a secret report two years ago that the Bush administration’s treatment of prisoners 'constituted torture' in violation of the Geneva Conventions. The findings were based on interviews with prisoners once held in the CIA’s secret black sites. The Red Cross said the fourteen prisoners held in the CIA prisons gave remarkably uniform accounts of abuse that included beatings, sleep deprivation, extreme temperatures and, in some cases, waterboarding. The author Mark Danner published parts of the secret Red Cross report in the New York Review of Books. Danner said the Red Cross’s use of the word 'torture' has important legal implications. Danner said, 'it could not be more important that the ICRC explicitly uses the words "torture" and "cruel and degrading." The ICRC is the guardian of the Geneva Conventions, and when it uses those words, they have the force of law.'"

(From Democracy Now!, Mar-16-09)

I am not saying that this report is true .... but:

Your cause would be better served if you directed your energies towards the terrorists and their treatment of their prisoners. They crashed them into the towers. Can't get any worse treatment of prisoners than that.

Yes, throwing some water on someone face is pretty mild in comparison.

I believe in Hematology.